• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question Solved: Acer b1-780 Low Battery Life / 50% Tablet Idle

Got anAcer b1-780 over the holiday and set the Android M microSD virtual storage. My experience with a b1-730HD (Android J) is great and set expectations for this tablet that has enough internal storage and the new M adoptable storage from microSD. The device received a major update to Marshmallow from Acer a day or so after first activation. Generally I'm happy after resolving difficulties getting some mainstream apps (Kindle, Skype) to install from Google Play, but now all is well, except battery life.

It has a smaller battery than my old Acer J tablet, don't expect much from active use, but the drain when not active is surprisingly faster, I can almost watch it tick down. My ZTE Android L phone has similar specs running Android L on a 5" screen and battery life is great. In particular unlike either the old J tablet or L phone, this b1-780 shows in Settings - Battery to be constantly draining around 50% for "Tablet Idle" - which I can't relate to any specific apps.

After noticing the problem I have installed CCleaner and use Greenify for auto-hibernate and aggressive Doze settings, without much help. I've read that using Android Recovery Mode and wiping the system cache might help, but am looking for experienced advice on that and any other clues to what is impacting the battery life and why Tablet Idle seems so excessive on this model.

Update: Went ahead to use Recovery Mode to wipe the cache - overnight drain and Tablet idle are about halved. My guess is the huge Marshmallow update cluttered the cache. Still too small a battery for complete satisfaction, but a good tablet for the price I paid.
    Last edited by I2k4; 03-04-2017 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Solved

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links