• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

A500 Power button is lit, does not vibrate and screen remains powered off.

My A500 is stock.

Yesterday, I was using my tablet and suddenly the screen completely freezes, so I turn it off wait a few moments and continue to turn it on. Instead of it booting up properly virtually nothing happens, except for the power button lighting up. I could turn the power button off by holding the button down, but other than that the screen remains off and no vibration when the power is held. So I left it alone for a while and had a friend look at, it turned on for them but remained on Android loading screen and didn't boot all the way. Turned it off again, and put it on the charger because I knew the battery was running low when I was using it earlier. After it charged it was working fine. A few hours into using it the screen freezes again, I repeat the process of turning it off then turning it back on and now it won't turn on at all except for the power light. No vibration, no power to the screen at all. The screen has frozen once on me in the past but it didn't do any of this. I tried the reset button and factory reset trick with volume button and what not, still nothing.

I really like my tablet, is it time to move on or is there hope?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    What you describe appears to be a hardware problem because of the way it cleared for a while and then returned. If you have not yet done so, hold the power button for at least 5 seconds to ensure a full power down and complete Method 2 here: [HOW TO] Perform A Factory Reset. Perform the procedure precisely as written.

The tablet will not vibrate when the power button is held to force power down. If it does not vibrate on the power up though, that may be a symptom of incomplete charge, suggesting that the battery may be worn out. A worn out battery may hold a fairly normal voltage level for a short time, but may drop off very sharply. Such a rapid loss of voltage could be causing the symptoms you have encountered.
    Last edited by Mrhelper; 12-11-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you for your help, I'll try the Factory Reset again.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The factory reset didn't work, unfortunately. Tried it multiple times, I think it's time to send the bugger in. I really do appreciate the help though.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links