• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cubanorafter View Post
    Hi All!

I preordered my Tab at BB and got it a few days after it went on sale at BB but I was too excited to wait!
    Have had my first Android device, LG Optimus S, for about 6 months and fell in love with the OS.
    I finally had the nerve to root my phone last night, and after 3+ hours, finally went to bed at 1 AM happy as a clam!
    I use my Tab both at home and work and rarely open my laptop now. Enjoying the sun on the Treasure Coast in FL!

Found this forum googling anything and everything for the Iconia.... Thanks all and cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by AZTLAN312 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I got my Iconia the very same day it went on sale at Best Buy, I was lucky to get there when I did. The rep said that they had received 300 units and when I got there they only had 10 left. WOW! I had been on the waiting list for the new Ipad2 and while I had played around with the Ipad at the store, I was impressed with the responsiveness addddnd the video quality of it. Then the Iconia surfaced on the web, I researched it and read about the specs and the expected apps and on and on about it. I was sold on it. I'm still on the waiting list for the Ipad, and now I may just get it to resell it on Ebay. Make a profit on it. LOL I have a Cricket wireless Sanyo Zio and currently has Android 2.1. I'm a PC tech by trade and currently hold a job with a major ISP. I found this post looking for more info on the Iconia and it is also the first fourm I sing up with. I hope I can help in some way and also I'm here to learn from all of you. Have a great day.

Welcome to the forum guys! Happy to have you here with us! :p

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Greetings...

I am relatively new to the Android OS and completely new to the tablet, so I am counting on the wise people here to help me when I screw up. :-)

Looking forward to meeting all the nice people here and ignoring the rest.

Art

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Well... My name is Miguel, I bought my A500 the day it came out (or day after since BB was closed for holiday weekend...) since then I've been tinkering with this device and am quite impressed. Its the xoom without the pricetag. By no means am I a developer, just an enthusiast... Here is a list of devices I have played with: PPC6700, touch pro, touch pro2, evo, evo shift, transform, Arrive, nook color, and now, our beloved iconia... jejeje
    I have posted here under the development section if any1 is interested, I h ave how to restore/improve battery life and have also attached the /system/app folder in case someone is missing any apps that you accidentaly deleted.
    A member of ppcgeeks and xda-devs... Find me under mapaz04 there... jejeje
    aNd always, if I can help you in any way, let me know and I'll see what I ca do for you... Jejejen

Sent from my T7575 using Board Expres
    Last edited by teaMJPx; 05-26-2011 at 12:29 PM.
    :p teaMJPx/mapaz04 - WP7 & Android - Hit "THANKS" if i've been able to help you

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Greetings All!! Proud owner of an A500 (Mother's Day gift! Love my family!). Wonderful device, but I'm frustrated that it won't connect to wifi at work. Also love my DroidX, but luckily I have 3G to help me through work.

My job is integrating technology in classrooms, so I'm finding lots of cool ways to use the tab in the classroom. Sadly they only work at home! I hope this issue can be resolved soon.

Thanks for having this awesome forum for the sharing of ideas! Collaboration at its best!! Cheers!!

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    Welcome to everyone that just recently joined! Glad to have you here with us!

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Forum members, just got my Acer tablet and found this informative forum because I was looking IF and HOW I can connect the tablet to my Nokia E71 to go online without Wi-Fi, I heard that it was possible to attach a 3G dongle successfully, but did not manage to connect to my Cell. Am I right in understanding that USB functionality may/will be expanded to handle these operations?
    Looking ffw to interacting with you guys!

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi just buy a acer A500 tablet i'm a little dissapointed from the apps looking for good andriod 3 apps is not so easy
    i'm sure it will get better
    have fun with your tablet
    Paul

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    First off, welcome 2 those that recently joined... paulvld: have u checked the app list posted here? There are lots of recommendations that run great under honeycomb... Check them out, there may be one you like in there... jejeje

Sent from my WP7 []D[][]V[][]D ARRIVE using Board Express
    :p teaMJPx/mapaz04 - WP7 & Android - Hit "THANKS" if i've been able to help you

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi. So glad to have found this forum! I am a long time Acer laptop fan, and love my G2. I figured I couldn't go wrong when Acer and android got together. Look forward to learning and sharing with other Iconia users.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Introduction

hellooww, i've just bought my iconia 4 days ago and just knowing a little bit of its use, android is new for me. hope that this forum would give me a lot of advantage in maximizing the use of my my iconia.
    one thing i learnt that it cant connect to the wifi connection set up in my office, i've trying to find the proxy setup in my iconia and still cant find..is there any way to setup my iconia proxy setting??

thats all, its really nice to have this forum.

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links