• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By pppsyang
  • 1 Post By pppsyang

Thread: Connecting to TV with micro HDMI cable

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Connecting to TV with micro HDMI cable

I connected the tablet to a TV with the micro HDMI cable. The screen shows the video but it flashes for over 3 minutes before video becomes normal. It flashes again when I switch to another application. Can I fix it? Maybe the tablet is defective. I still have time to return it if it is so. Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    I would return it immediately if that was the main reason that I had bought it, and really wanted that feature to work better. If all you can do is exchange it, then keep in mind that it may not be a defect in the tablet. You may want to try another make of cable. You should also consider trying the tablet with a different monitor/TV. It could be a compatibility issue which would not be resolved by merely exchanging the tablet.
    Last edited by Mrhelper; 07-02-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I just connected the tablet to another TV. It keeps flashing and never stops. It does not seem to be a problem with the cable or connector because it eventually works on the first TV after three minutes.
    unlockiphone4 likes this.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pppsyang View Post
    I just connected the tablet to another TV. It keeps flashing and never stops. It does not seem to be a problem with the cable or connector because it eventually works on the first TV after three minutes.
    It's difficult to rule out the cable without actually trying a different cable.

You may want to try setting a few different resolutions on the TV an testing after each change.

If it does not cost much to return/exchange the tablet, and you don't have time to test another cable, then it seems reasonable to return the tablet while you still can.

Ads