• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation Acer Iconia Video files missing.

I have been taking video with my Acer Iconai Tablet and the video quality is near as good as a regular camera, which is good for when your camarea is not around. The only problem that I've had so far is with the videos I've taken already. I have been able to record multiple things at different times of day. They played well at first but now it records and saves the videos, then when I want to go back and weatch them later in the day, they are no longer there. All of them are gone, not one remains. I was able to see many icons on the device that showed video characteristics, tried to play them and it said the video could not be loaded. Then I removed the micro SD card and put it on my laptop. NON are there. I put the card back on the tablet and then connected it with the included USB>micro usb cable and non are shown. I looked on all the folders on boht the card and the tablet and they are all gone. Luckily non of the videos were reaelly of much importance except for one. I'm really saddened by the fact that one of those videos that was really important is now gone. Anybody know how to fix this or if the files my actually be there but just hidden? I tried to view it on my PC and set the folder to show hidden files and still no go. I don't have any apps installed that would hide my files. I had the tab set to save the video and photos to SD card and it alway saves them to the device memory instead. Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks.
    "Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way." Martin Luther King Jr.

Agent Iconia
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try.
    "Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way." Martin Luther King Jr.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    hmmm... Can you try to take a video and see if a reboot will cause it to appear? Honeycomb seems to have an issue displaying files that are large once they have been created and needs a reboot so it can recognize them... just my 2 cents... jejeje
    :p teaMJPx/mapaz04 - WP7 & Android - Hit "THANKS" if i've been able to help you

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links