• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times

[VIDEO] Acer Iconia Tab A500 review by TechnoBuffalo

Another great review.

Acer Iconia A500 - Rooted

Droid X - Rooted - Apex 1.4.1

Asus Transformer - Stock

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    garemlin when you going to do your review

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Why does everyone complain about the weight?? It is not that heavy! I can hold it all day without issue... maybe they should hit up the gym?

Sent from my Droid X, which Netflix thinks is an HTC Vision!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    i was holding one fora good hour at stples playin with it and weight was nothing. then again i move around 80-100 pound boxes of meat through out the day lol

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Weight is simply a way to compare devices, and an easy way to ding one or the other for being heavier. If you can lift the heaviest with no trouble, then it has no real impact, but even then for things designed to be held up, lighter is generally better. Heavier things are also more likey to destroy themselves when dropped and hit a hard surface. Blame Newton.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    The sad thing about all that is that the XOOM is $150+ over the ICONIA and its 1.6 pounds and no one seems to say much... WTF? Is .1 pounds really that much of a difference?!?!?! I agree with you guys... Pick up some weights or something peoples!!! jejeje
    :p teaMJPx/mapaz04 - WP7 & Android - Hit "THANKS" if i've been able to help you

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    There are 151 grams (5.32 ounces) difference between the weight of an iPad2 (not 3G) and the Acer A500. I've got a small parcel scale which both were weighed on. To see what else weighs 151 grams I started adding things to the scale until I had 151 grams showing. 151 grams =
    • 2 AAA alkaline batteries
    • one AA NiMH battery
    • one USB thumb drive
    • one large toenail clipper
    • one SD adapter card (empty)
    • the remote control from the Acer Dock
    • and 2 capacitive stylus.

Not a small difference when you measure it. Of course a case on my iPad2 doubled its weight. The same may happen when the leather case for my Acer arrives. It ain't heavy, it's my Acer!

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Well actually, it's less weight than my laptop.
    But still, good for me to take it everyday. I always say: "Don't Leave Home Without It."

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Leach19m View Post
    Why does everyone complain about the weight?? It is not that heavy! I can hold it all day without issue... maybe they should hit up the gym?!
    That's what happens when you've played with computers and gadgets all your life and never been in actual sunlight getting exercise. Tjis is also why Apple and Samsung get people to buy their tablets based on "thin and light" even though you lose significant function to get it. I mean, the Iconia is maybe 1/2" thick and light enough to hold and carry easily. I'll take all those jacks, and enough structural integrity to keep the glass from breaking, any day over "thin and light". As far as dropping it, I'd rather have the metal corners with the glass that doesn.t go clear to the edge than have a tiny bit less weight.

The Iconia is still the best, even though Toshiba wants us to believe they were the first to 'get it right'. A bold statement, especially since they don't list anything that's 'right'. You also have Samsung, who claims they are 'better'. (I don't know how leaving out an SD card, and other ports, on a device with a plastic back but otherwise identical specs is 'better', but oh well.)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Quote Originally Posted by elsuirad View Post
    Well actually, it's less weight than my laptop.
    But still, good for me to take it everyday. I always say: "Don't Leave Home Without It."
    I think it is more the mentality that a tablet should be feather light because it is made for portability. I can say this I would much rather carry around and hold on to my A500 than my 3 year old laptop. LOL

Acer Iconia A500 - Rooted

Droid X - Rooted - Apex 1.4.1

Asus Transformer - Stock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links