• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    73 times

YouTube version 5 released!

So, you may be wondering why an app update gets a topic like this, well because Google has been hard at work getting a totally new YouTube experience ready for us.

The UI is a card style layout and is very clean. I have used it and it is pretty sweet. The Tablet layout has been done very well. It has slide out navigation bar in portrait and the bar is always present in landscape which IMO just makes sense.

The best new feature is in app multi-tasking. You can make a video smaller by swiping down and to the right, tapping the down arrow in the top left or by hitting the back button. You will be taken to the previous screen and you can browse for more videos. Sadly the little video does not keep playing if you switch to other apps and the audio does not continue (maybe next update?) You can just swipe the little video back up to the left to make it bigger again.

Source: AndroidPolice
    Last edited by Frederuco; 08-20-2013 at 08:45 AM.
    Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munchin on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene. - Homer Jay Simpson

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    73 times

Other new/different items - HD and CC buttons are in the 3 stack menu button on the top right hand corner of the video, the auto-rotate settings work better (mainly for phones) and you can also search for playlists now instead of just videos or users.

Two other items to mention - the TV Queue UI has been updated

And finally this update give you a new icon seen here:

This update is being rolled out in phases. If you don't want to wait your turn, hit up the source link to get your very own copy to install yourself. Be sure to tick the UNKNOWN SOURCES in your settings before installing.
    Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munchin on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene. - Homer Jay Simpson

GiP
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    What Youtube need is a "search" that works!
    The one they have now is awful, it finds titles that may or may not have the words you search for, you cannot sort them or refine a search or ... anything really.
    And this is from Google .. the search engine! Unbelivable....
    G

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    The new version is a step up over the previous one, but I like my Youtube app simple. The old, old one was fine and was the best for me.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I like the new youtube It's clean and I just love the new feature.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    in its class. Versatile and easy to use, the system

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links