• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Acer Launches Quad-Core 7-inch Iconia A110 for just $229.99

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Acer Launches Quad-Core 7-inch Iconia A110 for just $229.99

With all the new tech launches that have been coming down the pipe lately it's easy to forget that there are still quite a few other manufacturers out there that can get competitive when they want to. Today we have a perfect example of this with the Acer Iconia A110 Tablet that just launched online for just $229.99. Here's a spec breakdown to help you make an informed decision:
    • 7-inch display with 1024x 600 and a 170ppi pixel density (both are less than the Nexus 7)
    • Quad-core 1.2GHz NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor and 416MHz ULP GeForce GPU
    • 1GB of RAM
    • A microSD slot for expandable storage (missing from the Google Nexus 7)
    • HDMI out slot, (also missing from the Google Nexus 7)
    • Android 4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich (of course the Nexus 7 has Jelly Bean)
    It looks like the main reasons to consider the Iconia A110 over the Nexus 7 is if you really need that microSD port and/or HDMI port (or if you are just a huge Acer fan, of course!). Regardless. it's nice to see that there are more high quality tablets hitting the market at a competitive price to help put pressure across the board. Here's a link to Amazon below where you can grab yours.

Source: Amazon

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    With the 32 gig Nexus 7 out for $249, I think it is going to be very difficult to compete.
    Acer Iconia A500:

ROM List | KERNEL List | RECOVERY List

​Current ROM:
    TegraOwners ICS v170

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    ^ Agree. I'm already considering the 32GB N7 after the holidays, and the new Acer is just not attractive enough for me. I've loved my A100, though.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Having microSD made the difference to me. I picked up an A110 for $199 on October 26, and I've been loving it!

I just wish I could tether it to my iPhone

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    The lack of SD card support is a glaring deficiency in the N7. What advantage does the N7 have over the A110? Better screen? Longer battery life?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Solved the iPhone tethering! I just had to rename my iPhone! The apostrophe in the name (Dave's iPhone) played havoc. As soon as I renamed the iPhone (while connected to iTunes on my Mac) and turned Personal Hotspot back on, my Iconia A110 picked it up on wifi and happily connected.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: Acer Launches Quad-Core 7-inch Iconia A110 for just $229.99

Just picked this up yesterday pre loaded with jellybean. So far I'm pretty impressed with this tablet. I wanted the galaxy tab 2 but they are out of stock everywhere around here. Figure I try this,, have until the 24 of Jan to return. So far I see no reason to return. This thing is fast.

Sent from my A110 using Tapatalk 2

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Unhappy Has anyone achieved Root yet?? Iconia Tab A110 Android 4.1.1

Hello all,
    I recently purchased the Iconia A110 Tab and have been searching for a root/exploit method. I've been at it for two weeks now with no real valuable leads. I have tried every universal rooting script/tool out there for similar devices such as the Nexus 7, almost every script I have tried complete their scripting and some even finish with a successful prompt "Your Devices is now Rooted" which is sadly not the case due to the fact of the system not re-mounting as RW therefore the injection of busybox and su fails and this particular firmware (Acer_AV051_A110_RV00RC02_PA_CUS1) remains IMMUNE to the "DATA RESTORE EXPLOIT" of the N7 and similar devices. This is a very nice device and the build quality is SOLID. This device is definitely on par with the N7 if not above par, out of the box running Android 4.1.1 this tablet is super smooth, and is capable of running several apps concurrently with no OS lag at all. The difference of the screen in the Iconia vs. the N7 is nothing to complain about; sure more pixels equal a better view and sharper graphics and colors; In my opinion the Iconia's screen vs. the N7's the Iconia wins that Hands Down and my opinion is not based off a spec sheet, Yet is based off basic theory then testing. It's really simple N7 & A110 = NVIDA Tegra 3 Quad core @ 1.2 GHz (stock)
    N7 screen = 800x1280 pixels & A110 =600 x 1,024 which is a difference of roughly 400,000. On paper if you were to compare the specs and use basic logic the Acer must perform ahead of the N7 due to the fact that in "realtime" when the N7 is beside the A110's gpu load is already lower than the N7 because the A110 doesent have to render the extra 400,000 pixels which in theory the 400,000+ pixels that the A110 did not process was instead allocated to the next process "in line" so we have gained a fraction of a second when we are "realtime" beside the n7. And I have seen it live with a friend's N7 out of the box the n7's benchmark is lower than the A110 but just slightly. and when there is a graphic intensive app such as a game you will notice the difference when they are running the same game side by side, just press pause on both devices, then home at the same time and jump into a regular app like the dialer, back out then back to the game app and press resume the game on the A110 was always running before the N7. Over all this device is a winner to me with the better camera, the micro sd card slot and the HDMI port are a major plus over the N7 and what puts me over the top is knowing that its processing a split second over the N7 @ stock makes this the better device for me, not to mention that my eyes cant even tell there are 400,000l less pixels than the N7. Even if i could notice it which would only happen if I have the N7 in one hand and my A110 in the other at the same time, which would be never; the pixels or the "Less Clear" display takes second place just knowing I'm a step faster then the N7. Which leads me to wonder what a much more capable device this can be with root permissions........just my thoughts though. ;
    Zman1369 likes this.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: Acer Launches Quad-Core 7-inch Iconia A110 for just $229.99

I may sound stupid but here goes. I have a 32 gig card in and what is it for? My on board 8gig is quickly getting used up and there is nothing on the sd card. What am I missing here? Does this sd card have a purpose?

Sent from my A110 using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Zman1369,download a file manager app from the Play store, and you will be able to manage your internal storage. You may want to read this thread.

SD Card
    Zman1369 likes this.

Ads