• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times

[Rumor] Acer Iconia A110 7-inch Tablet May Launch with Jelly Bean Afterall...

Recently there was some intel that the Acer Iconia A110 7-inch Tablet would be launching in the UK at the end of September. That same intel suggested that the tablet will come initially with Ice Cream Sandwich but would be later upgraded to Jelly Bean. However, some new intel seems to have popped up refuting part of this, and it's good news. As you can see from the pic above, that is the Iconia A110 tablet, but it is running Jelly Bean, not ICS.

These pics showed up on the online retailer site, ebuyer.com, on their new preorder page for the tablet. Additionally, their spec list details Jelly Bean instead of ICS as well. Here it is below:

Acer Iconia A110 Tablet PC
    • - NVIDIA Tegra 3 Quad Core
    • - 1GB RAM + 8GB
    • - 7" LCD Touch + HDMI
    • - Wifi + Bluetooth + Camera
    • - MicroSD slot
    • - Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

The tablet will sell for 179.99. This new info also includes a potentially more solid release date of October 1st as well. We will keep you informed if we find out more. It looks like the OEMs are finally starting to follow Google's lead by coming out with more competitive Android tablets.

Source: UnWiredView and eBuyer

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

New A100

Will it last for 8 hrs of full use, have a usb rechargeable port? If yes, I might consider switching from the A100.

Quote Originally Posted by dgstorm View Post

Recently there was some intel that the Acer Iconia A110 7-inch Tablet would be launching in the UK at the end of September. That same intel suggested that the tablet will come initially with Ice Cream Sandwich but would be later upgraded to Jelly Bean. However, some new intel seems to have popped up refuting part of this, and it's good news. As you can see from the pic above, that is the Iconia A110 tablet, but it is running Jelly Bean, not ICS.

These pics showed up on the online retailer site, ebuyer.com, on their new preorder page for the tablet. Additionally, their spec list details Jelly Bean instead of ICS as well. Here it is below:

Acer Iconia A110 Tablet PC
    • - NVIDIA Tegra 3 Quad Core
    • - 1GB RAM + 8GB
    • - 7" LCD Touch + HDMI
    • - Wifi + Bluetooth + Camera
    • - MicroSD slot
    • - Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

The tablet will sell for 179.99. This new info also includes a potentially more solid release date of October 1st as well. We will keep you informed if we find out more. It looks like the OEMs are finally starting to follow Google's lead by coming out with more competitive Android tablets.

Source: UnWiredView and eBuyer

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    If it still has crappy eMMC hardware, I'll pass

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you so much... i didnt have the knowledge inthis now i get an idea about this.. thks a lot:-)

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

maybe a u.s. release?

I don't live in europe. and I don't see how acer could ignore america. if it is released over here, i may trade my a100 for it.
    Iconia tab a100

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links