• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JohnDroid

Thread: Acer Iconia Tab A100 coming to Wal-Mart - price point, $349

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Acer Iconia Tab A100 coming to Wal-Mart - price point, $349

If you've had a devil of a time tracking down an Iconia Tab A100 to purchase like most people don't feel too bad. They've been hard to get, or at least, at the right price. But Wal-Mart will fix that problem for you. They are about to have the tablet in stock and for a great price of $349. These are not yet available but the price tag is obviously step one... so hopefully the wait to see these bad boys in stores won't be too much longer.

Don't forget, there are two places to discuss the Acer Iconia Tab A100... We have the Acer Tablet Forum as well as the Android Tablet Forum -- so get your groove on at whichever place suits you the best.

(Source: Engadget)
    O'Zorgnax likes this.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Today a clerk at my local Walmart told me they expected a batch of them 2 weeks ago but they never arrived. Someone claimed they had them at a Leavenworth, KS Walmart. I'm very curious to see one, as a 7" with Honeycomb 3.1 and Tegra 2 might be far more convenient to travel with than any of the 10" tablets.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Sweet!!! I will be picking up one of these for my wife. She has been using my A500 but would prefer a smaller form factor. Sadl to say I may end up selling the A500 as we won't have a need for three tablets.

Acer Iconia A500 - Rooted

Droid X - Rooted - Apex 1.4.1

Asus Transformer - Stock

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    My local Walmart had a 10 inch on display with a $349.00 price sticker but it did not list a model number on it and of course they had no stock. The demo unit had no power to it as well. That was on the day that I bought my A500 from Best Buy. Of course that is typical of Wally world electronics dept. in Mississippi.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I work for wally world here in austin tx, So as soon as the A100 is in I am getting this thing for my wife also but maybe for me to use here and there

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Has anyone actually seen this thing in the wild yet?

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Zorgnax View Post
    Has anyone actually seen this thing in the wild yet?
    Not that I know of, except for the rumor of one showing up in a WalMart in Leavenworth KS. They should get them out as quick as they can, because Archos just showed off their Gen 9 tablets and there is an 8" model with a1.5ghx TI dual core chip in it, Honeycomb, and a version with a 250gb drive under $400.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 4DThinker View Post
    Not that I know of, except for the rumor of one showing up in a WalMart in Leavenworth KS. They should get them out as quick as they can, because Archos just showed off their Gen 9 tablets and there is an 8" model with a1.5ghx TI dual core chip in it, Honeycomb, and a version with a 250gb drive under $400.
    I love that there is a rumor that one...was seen...at a Walmart in Leavenworth Kansas. Its like the beginning of a mystery story. I guess the rest of the story would be about how the clever Acer marketing staff had devised a plan to leak one 7" tablet a week in various Walmarts scattered about the planet. And each one was hand crafted by elves working feverishly in their mountain hideaway. And every week the finished tablet would be clandestinely delivered to the Walmart chosen aforehand for its remoteness from big cities by a masked man (Vendetta?) driving a black 1972 Caddy. I sense a movie script in there somewhere.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Zorgnax View Post
    I love that there is a rumor that one...was seen... driving a black 1972 Caddy.
    LOL! You have everything right except they are delivered by hot-air balloons, and only the wind determines which WalMart gets one. KS is O'Z after all.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links