• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Acer Officially Unveils New Iconia A510 Tab with Tegra 3 & ICS for Only $450

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Acer Officially Unveils New Iconia A510 Tab with Tegra 3 & ICS for Only $450

Acer just officially announced the availability via pre-order for their new Iconia A510 tablet. The tablet will be available in the U.S. and Canada for the decent price of $449.99. What makes this a good value is that it comes with a quad-core chip and Android 4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich out of the box. Here's a spec breakdown:
    • 10.1-inch screen with a 1280×800 resolution
    • Quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor
    • 1GB of RAM
    • 32GB of storage
    • Five megapixel camera capable of “HD” video recording (probably 720p)
    • One megapixel camera on the front for video calls
    • 9,800mAh battery - good for up to 12 hours of video playback
    • A microSD card slot for up to 32GB of storage to add
    • Also includes a micro HDMI and microUSB
    • Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich

It's nice to see the powerful device finally come to market. How many of you guys have been anxiously waiting for this one?

Source: SlashGear

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    There is no mention of a full size USB port. Is it missing or just not mentioned. If missing I think it is a mistake, think of all the possitive comments by A500 owners,this is one reason I purchased my A500.

Wayne

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm more interested in higher resolution screens with better antiglare than faster chips. Considering Acer is rolling out ICS to existing models quicker than everyone else, I don't see ICS inclusion as an advantage.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I would have to strongly agree that the exclusion of a full size USB port would be disappointing.

I believe though the higher resolution could be reserved for the next higher model (a700?). The extra memory, faster processor and hdmi port is adequate at this price point.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Of course they would announce this 12 hours after I placed my order for an A200.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I wish all the Android tablet OEMs would stop with the CPU craze and focus on the GPU. Hate to say it, but Apple gets that right. No one is crunching million cell spreadsheets or doing multi-threaded video conversion on their tablet.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Looks like it's micro usb.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Looks like the A200 case with different silver inserts on the sides.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I think that this news is fantastic with one caveat. By the time all of the software developers port their current apps and games and all software to utilize the full usefulness of the quad core chip my a500 will be probably close to a year old which for me means it will be new tab time for me:-) I think that by that time they will have updated the gpu as well as the screen resolution to utilize the new gpu and the quad core might be 6 or 8 core by then. But seriously I think the quad core will be plenty fast enough and with the new gpu and higher resolution I'll update then. Shoot I just got my a500 a month ago:-) and I am very happy with it! I just can't wait to get the official release of ics!

strtguy

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

USB port

Most Acer Iconia A500 users like the standard USB port. Does the micro USB port replace this. If this is so it looks like I'll be staying with my A500.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links