• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times

Acer Iconia Tablet is a Hit - May Suffer From Shortages

Android tablets are all the rage these days. Just scanning through the front page at Phandroid and you will see post, after post of the Asus Transformers selling out minutes after they’re available. They’ve been harder to snag than a 1996 Tickle Me Elmo!

But there’s always those who don’t feel like waiting around for their taste of Honeycomb and have moved onto Acer’s line of Iconia A500 tablets. According to Acer, you wouldn’t be alone. Acer is projecting that will have shipped nearly 1 million tablets during the spring which would make the Iconia tab the most successful Android tablet to date. As a refresher, Motorola only shipped 250,000 Xooms during their first quarter.

As a fair warning, Acer has also said that they’re finding it hard to keep up with demand so if you were on the fence about picking up one of these Iconia tablets, you might want to make a choice quick. Lest we have another Asus Transformer fiasco on our hands.

Source: Phandroid

Acer Iconia A500 - Rooted

Droid X - Rooted - Apex 1.4.1

Asus Transformer - Stock

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Based on pure specs and price, I was desperate to try out the Asus. I "settled" for the Acer since I couldn't find a Transformer to buy. Turns out I ended up paying about the same for the Acer as would have paid for the Asus. Was actually surprised to find one Iconia Tab sitting un-noticed in the GPS section of my Target's electronics department. Got a great price on it, and discovered it actually had 32gb on board, despite being labelled and sold as a 16gb model.

At this point I'm loving the Tab. Found a slipcover/stand for it at Staples.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    I don't really need a docking keyboard. I bought a $10.00 USB keyboard at Fry's and it's great. That and my wireless Logitech. You'll wind up liking this better than the ASUS in my opinion. I have no regrets at all.
    --- When all else fails, there's Linux.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I too originally "settled" for the Iconia from the Asus but now I am pretty happy. Wish mine had 32gb in it though........:p

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    I too originally "settled" for the Iconia from the Asus but now I am pretty happy. Wish mine had 32gb in it though........:p
    I didn't have to add a microSD card to mine to get 32gb, but you can sure do that. A 16gb card for $25 or so and you'll be there.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links