• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times

U.S. Justice Department Files Complaint to Block Merger of AT&T and T-Mobile

In a surprising twist, the U.S. Department of Justice has filed a complaint to block the sale of T-Mobile to AT&T for $39 Billion. The complaint was filed today in a federal court in Washington D.C. The Justice Department complaint indicated, “AT&T’s elimination of T-Mobile as an independent, low- priced rival would remove a significant competitive force from the market.” The U.S. also said in its filing that the deal would “substantially lessen competition” in the wireless market. Additionally, the Bloomberg article also shared the following,
    Should regulators reject the transaction, AT&T would pay Deutsche Telekom $3 billion in cash. It would also provide T-Mobile with wireless spectrum in some regions and reduced charges for calls into AT&T’s network, for a total package valued at as much as $7 billion, Deutsche Telekom said this month.
    It is looking grim for the AT&T/T-Mobile merger, and AT&T's stocks are taking a beating because of it. At the time of the Bloomberg article, AT&T shares dropped 96 cents to $28.66.

Source: Android.net via Bloomberg

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    TMobile customers everywhere rejoice... :p

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/L...terstitialskip
    Last edited by alphawave7; 08-31-2011 at 11:18 AM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    The US government sticking up for the little guy and advocating more competition instead of supporting corporate fat cats and big business? This can't be right...
    Acer Iconia A500:

ROM List | KERNEL List | RECOVERY List

​Current ROM:
    TegraOwners ICS v170

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Quote Originally Posted by terablue View Post
    The US government sticking up for the little guy and advocating more competition instead of supporting corporate fat cats and big business? This can't be right...
    Another example for 'Balance of Power', afforded by our Constitution. If we had a parliamentary system, an anti-Constitutional meme currently being propagated in the media, this would not be the case.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Woo-hoo! Being retired I use a prepaid T-Mobile phone and love getting a thousand minutes for a hundred bucks that I have a full year to use. I figured that deal would go away.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I know I am. At&t stinks here in Arizona.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    They are already the worst carrier of the bunch. What makes them think that biggger is going to make them more efficient, when they can not handle what they already have.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The problem here is DTAG has already admitted they arent putting any more money into TMO, so, they either need to get acquired or go out of business. They have no LTE strategy, this is DTAG's way of exiting the US wireless market.

The ATT merger makes sense from a technology aspect, VZ or Sprint won't be able to just instantly become GSM carriers, they would be buying them to simply remove a competitor, at least with AT&T it's an instant network coverage enhancement with a few simple changes.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links