• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Acer 200 No Sound

I purchased the A200 for my granddaughter. She loves the tablet but all of a sudden she has no sound unless she uses headphones. This is a great starter tablet but she doesn't use it much since she can't hear the game sounds or music. Can anyone help me get the sound back?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    Things to try between spreaker tests:
    * Hold the power button for 2 seconds, and select power off. After it turns off, power it back on (it should boot).
    * Work a headphone plug in and out of the jack a few times. Observe if the headphone icon ever turns off in the status tray.
    * Install a few high rated audio manager apps from Play Store (one at a time, removing each after use). Some have controls for speakers that are independent of the headphone controls. Experiment and test with various settings, muting and unmuting each.
    * Perform a Factory data reset from the tablet Settings control (this will wipe the tablet clean of your data, settings and apps, leaving it in the brand new state)

If none of that works, it may be a hardware problem.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I agree with @Mrhelper. You can try the factory reset because it solves a loooot of problems on a device. But for sounds? Hmmm. Let's see. Because most of the time, if it's about the sounds it can be a hardware problem.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links