• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Battery Calibration for Acer - How is it being done?

Hi Everyone!

I have heard that a laptop battery can be calibrated. I am not so sure about it so I thought I'd ask around. How true is this and how is it being done? I would really appreciate any information I can get from here.

Thank you so much!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    It is not necessary to "calibrate" the a500 battery. Attempting to do so will shorten battery life and may increase the risk of data loss. If the battery is not holding a charge for long, or the tablet is shutting down without warning, then the battery has likely worn out and should be replaced.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    While it’s a good idea to use any included utilities or just follow instructions specific to your laptop, you can also perform battery calibration without any specialized tools. The basic process is simple:

Charge your laptop’s battery to full — that’s 100%.
    Let the battery rest for at least two hours, leaving the computer plugged in. This will ensure that the battery is cool and not still hot from the charging process. You’re free to use your computer normally while it’s plugged in.
    Go into your computer’s power management settings and set it to automatically sleep or hibernate at 5% battery.
    Pull the power plug and leave your computer discharging until it automatically sleeps or hibernates. You can keep using your computer normally while this happens.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links