• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    hey mind adding skytaz' stand to the list?
    -EQUIPMENT-
    Droid X 2 - Rooted. Awaiting Development.....
    Acer Iconia A500 - 3.1 Honeycomb - HoneyVillain 1.04 - Nastiest+ Theme, CWM Recovery, ITSMAGIC!!!
    Proud supporter of android.
    Acer Iconia A500 CWM Recovery - Updated

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Recently drove across country and used the GPS/map features of the Acer. Awesome to have a nice big GPS screen. Also had my acer music plugged in and playing on the radio. Had to keep it on the dashboard and take it down to look at the screen. It would be nice to have some sort of car mount for the acer.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Zorgnax View Post
    Recently drove across country and used the GPS/map features of the Acer. Awesome to have a nice big GPS screen. Also had my acer music plugged in and playing on the radio. Had to keep it on the dashboard and take it down to look at the screen. It would be nice to have some sort of car mount for the acer.
    What map app have you been using. I've been using Locus and it has worked well for me during a business trip to France. Took a while to figure out how to download the maps and such but it is dead nuts accurate....

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just bought the "Truss" Leather case from Targus. I picked it up at Best Buy today. It is well made, and, in my opinion, a much better value for your $39 dollars than the case made by Acer. I am so glad that someone is finally making accessories for our Iconia tablet. Let's show Targus our support and appreciation for supporting our community of Iconia a500 owners. Go check it out at your local Best Buy. Thank you, Targus!

Pros: leather, well made, feels nice and sturdy, openings or 'cut outs' for speakers and camera, can be set for multiple viewing angles, and it does not smell like cow dung! )
    The only drawbacks I currently see: the little 'holders' on the top two corners partially cover the front-facing camera and partially cover the volume rocker switch

IMG_1242.jpgIMG_1246.jpgIMG_1253.jpgIMG_1254.jpgIMG_1248.jpg
    Last edited by Lumarti; 06-16-2011 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Added picture of "holes" for speakers

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have been using Gaia GPS which allows you to input waypoints, record tracks, etc. and it has a variety of map bases available - shaded relief, topo, roads, roads at night, etc. I strongly recommend it.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumarti View Post
    I just bought the "Truss" Leather case from Targus. I picked it up at Best Buy today. It is well made, and, in my opinion, a much better value for your $39 dollars than the case made by Acer. I am so glad that someone is finally making accessories for our Iconia tablet. Let's show Targus our support and appreciation for supporting our community of Iconia a500 owners. Go check it out at your local Best Buy. Thank you, Targus!

Pros: leather, well made, feels nice and sturdy, openings or 'cut outs' for speakers and camera, can be set for multiple viewing angles, and it does not smell like cow dung! )
    The only drawbacks I currently see: the little 'holders' on the top two corners partially cover the front-facing camera and partially cover the volume rocker switch

IMG_1242.jpgIMG_1246.jpgIMG_1253.jpgIMG_1254.jpg
    Great pics! That looks like the best case yet! I'll have to check it out tomorrow. How about the speakers? I haven't seen any pics of speaker cutouts...

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    That's pretty much all the same feature of Locus. Thanks for the info....

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I have one and it is pretty solid. It doesn't have speaker cut outs but today when I was playing Let's golf, I could suprisingly hear the speakers just fine.....

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BumbleZ View Post
    Just bought a "Truss" leather case from Targus at Best Buy yesterday. It's really well made and only $39.00. Targus makes the same case for the Ipad2 also, and the guy at Best Buy told me Best Buy requested they make them for the A500 because they sell so many for the Ipad.....
    I had one for my Ipad so I had to pick one up for the A500 as soon as I got it. I love mine nd I think the one for the Acer is a little lighter than the one for the original I pad. Its not perfect but it is the best I've found. I'd recommend to anyone.

Sent from my Honeycombed Android tablet.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    just got this case off ebay. this is the best case that i could find by a mile. good looking, thin, reasonably priced, and well made. you should add it to your list.

Black Executive Case 4 Acer Iconia A500 Tablet | eBay

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links