• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Usb headset compatibility

Hello guys!!! Does anyone know if our tablet is or will be compatible with a usb headset?

Thanks a lot!!!

Sent from my Neptune Iconian using Tapatalk!!!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I can confirm that it doesn't on my cybersnipa usb phones ( they are 5.1 but usually on unix they are just identified as 'usb audio' and work with 'usb audio' functionality which pales in comparison to their native functionality but they work).
    I did a little searching and didn't discover anything toward this end.
    I see no reason it shouldn't be possible ( if a bit complex) to get at least basic audio out of the usb. This is something i am very interested in acquiring too so i will look into it more when i can find some spare time..

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    how about bluetooth headset, will it work for music listening or skype chatting?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    @elsuirad The A500 supports a wide range of bluetooth profiles including A2DP (advanced audio distribution profile) so yes it should work fine with bluetooth headset.

@res1122 I have no idea what your talking about or why you quoted me. Can easily use what?

Haven't had time to look into usb audio unfortunately but i will get there..

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've tried a Plantronics Voyager Pro and Jabra Go 6430 bluetooth headsets with no luck. They pair, but always show 'not connected'. I also have a Jabra Halo bluetooth headphones that pair and connect fine. I found a site that lists the following headsets for the Acer A500:

Plantronics Explorer 240
    Plantronics M20
    Jabra Wave
    Motorola S305
    Plantronics M1100

and a few others. Link below:

Acer ICONIA Tab A500 Tablet Accessories Store - Cables, Covers And Cases, Cradles, Headphones, Headsets, Memory Cards, Miscellaneous, Screen Protectors, Speakers, Stylus, Vehicle Mounts

I have not tried any of those though so can't say for sure. It could be that the company assumes they will work.

Anyone tried a basic wired headphones/mic combination? (Not USB, but 3.5mm)

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    yeah do let know if anyone tried using wired Heaphone+Mic via 3.5mm or via USB need to know

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Okay Thanks
    2 More Questions
    1) Does A500/A501 support multiple connection at any-given point of time.. i.e. Headset + Mobile Pairing

2) Has anyone tried putting Normal NOKIA 3.5mm Jack that has Microphone + Headphone and do they work ?? ( Including the Microphone ) ...

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Smile iPhone 3.5 wired headset works

Just plugged my iPhone 3.5mm earbuds into my Acer A100 and sound and mic work great. In fact, I've never seen Google voice recognition work so well!

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

blackberry headset

Quote Originally Posted by jskandhari View Post
    yeah do let know if anyone tried using wired Heaphone+Mic via 3.5mm or via USB need to know
    I have tried and using blackberry wired headset with microphone and it works perfectly. You will know it when you are on Skype and you call Echo, you will hear your own voice loud and clear.

Ads