• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Logitech Tablet Keyboard for Android

I am looking for opinions in what the best Bluetooth keyboard to get for the A500 is.

I am looking at getting the Logitech Tablet Keyboard for Android 3.0+. Has anyone had any experience with this product? Or could anyone recommend another product? I would like a proper android keyboard, as it would have some more useful buttons such as the Home and Lockscreen buttons etc. I need a keyboard for school, but I am unsure which to purchase.

http://logitech.com/keyboards/keyboard/devices/8232

Any help would be brilliant. School goes back next week.

Brock's Standard, no frills 16GB A500 via Tapatalk.

A man who uses an Android device knows exactly where he is going, and how to get there. A man who uses any apple device has no clue where he is going, and will generally follow the next guy. These people are conformists and should be reported to your local police.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I use that keyboard with my a100 works perfect only thing is wish it was smaller but for the 500 its probably perfect.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JuanOrtiz210 View Post
    I use that keyboard with my a100 works perfect only thing is wish it was smaller but for the 500 its probably perfect.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk
    Thanks. May I ask how responsive it is? Is there any/much delay or lag?

A man who uses an Android device knows exactly where he is going, and how to get there. A man who uses any apple device has no clue where he is going, and will generally follow the next guy. These people are conformists and should be reported to your local police.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I use that keyboard with my A500, both with the keyboard carrying case when the tab is not in a case, as well as when the tab is in the Targus case/stand. It paired up easy and works very well, I recommend it.

Nice thing about the BT keyboard is that it leaves the USB port clear for a wireless mouse as well - a standard Logitech USB wireless mouse works great also.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KahunaGrande View Post
    I use that keyboard with my A500, both with the keyboard carrying case when the tab is not in a case, as well as when the tab is in the Targus case/stand. It paired up easy and works very well, I recommend it.

Nice thing about the BT keyboard is that it leaves the USB port clear for a wireless mouse as well - a standard Logitech USB wireless mouse works great also.
    Thanks for the response. I'll look into getting one next week.
    Hard to find in Australia. EVERYWHERE sells the iPad version, but no luck on the Droid version. Might have to order direct from Logitech.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    That keyboard looks good but is huge. I wonder if there is a more tightly integrated foldable BT keyboard. I have a lovely unit from Palm....came with my Treo, but the A500 finds it but does not pair. Damn shame too

The first one reviewed looks good. No?
    Last edited by kristalsoldier; 01-27-2012 at 08:32 AM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I just ordered the Motorola Bluetooth Keyboard for the Motorola Bluetooth Keyboard for Xoom from ebay...it should be here tomorrow or Monday. Based on the reviews I've read (about 3 days worth) the Motorola had a slight edge over the Logitech. I guess some of the Logitech ones had a Windows key and some didn't...and of the Android buttons sometimes didn't work like they were supposed to (the reviews were varied on this). The Motorola seemed like the better keyboard...plus it only takes 2 AA batteries over 4 for the Logitech...

However, (based on the reviews again)...you can't go wrong with either one...

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Just purchased it today. So far, so good! I recommend it.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I just picked up one of those in the OP. The box actually says for Honeycomb 3.1
    It is working very well so far, it was purchased with a logitec mini usb wireless mouse and both are up and running and working great.

Nice call

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    I had been using the Spider BT keyboard, which is pretty good. Pros is it's small, portable, connects fast and all keys work. Cons are it's not for serious typing being a bit too small, with keys not quite reliable enough.

I just got the Logitech BT keyboard for Android. The key response is better and it's got full size keys. It's better suited for serious typing. This Logitech is the best BT keyboard I've tried, among others including an Apple BT keyboard on an iPad. Yet I realize I am spoiled by my good old buckling spring keyboard and nothing BT will ever compare to its reliability, speed and touch.

Ads