• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    I'm thinking about ordering it, too. However, I've heard rumors that Acer will release a dock/keyboard combo. That's not too farfetched since they have one for the W500. I would guess that if they really are, they're trying to get all the kinks out of it. From what I read about the Transformer, the dock isn't ready for primetime. I'll order one next week if no other information has surfaced.

I think they would be missing out if they didn't release a keyboard dock for the A500 when they have one for the W500. And this would give it an edge against the Asus.

Here is a pic of the W500 with the keyboard dock.

Acer Iconia A500 - Rooted

Droid X - Rooted - Apex 1.4.1

Asus Transformer - Stock

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Might be a dumb Q but if you have the protective case on can you still dock with it? I would like the protective case just so on the go you can have it stand and what not but do like the docking station for video/video chat and other things at home. I heard people say the protective case for the xoom sucks and is a pain to get off the tab anyone know how it is for the Acer?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilbetterrun View Post
    Might be a dumb Q but if you have the protective case on can you still dock with it? I would like the protective case just so on the go you can have it stand and what not but do like the docking station for video/video chat and other things at home. I heard people say the protective case for the xoom sucks and is a pain to get off the tab anyone know how it is for the Acer?

Not sure as no one has the dock in hand yet. I am sure it is gonna be a waiting game. Once someone tries it and spreads the word if it does or does not. Or if it can be modified to work.

Acer Iconia A500 - Rooted

Droid X - Rooted - Apex 1.4.1

Asus Transformer - Stock

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm imagining that they (and we) would have to settle for a keyboard/case combo for the A500. I'm trying to figure out what kind of brace they would have to use to keep the tablet in the dock. The units that have docks have extra slots for stability, which the A500 does not have. Putting a brace behind it might help but would mar the lines of the combo and look tacked on.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Well it looks like since they updated the Acer store site with pictures the price has went up a little LoL I ordered my protective case yesterday for $22 with shipping now its at $39.99 & the docking station was $40 now $79

Acer - Accessory Store: List Page

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I should have bought the dock while I was thinking about it. No way I'd buy one now unless I see it in person and there's something very compelling about it.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Same here! Right now I am kicking myself for not getting it when it was CHEAP! :mad: Oh well I guess did get the case cheap.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Just an update with the protective case by Acer, you can have it on and still use the docking station

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    $80 ??? How do they justify that price? I really hope there will be an after-market substitute, because I won't be buying this.

EDIT: does the dock come with a new(and longer) power cable?
    Last edited by Diernayr; 05-14-2011 at 09:21 PM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I received my dock 2 days ago (I had fortunattely ordered at the old price, BUT I would still buy even at the new price) - I had the Acer store ship the cheapest way (was $10 and to my delight, they shipped Fedex Ground which only took 3 days).

1. The Iconia WITH case on fits very nicely in the dock (probably why the case is thin)
    2. The remote control works nicely - you can turn the screen on/off with it, move to the home screen, and pause/play/control volume in videos and music. When
    you place the tab in the dock, it automatically starts Nemoplayer but you can go back to your home screen easily. Nice way to

I think the value is also in reducing wear and tear on both the on/off button and the power supply pin - both always weak points in any consumer product.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links