• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times

Accessories and cases for the A500 should be coming soon

It is a little discouraging having a new device with no selection of accessories or cases available. Aftermarket support to me is almost important as having a solid, good running piece of equipment. I had been considering taking my A500 back because I had a gut feeling it would be left out to dry by 3rd party accessory manufacturers. Then it just popped in my head today. What we are essentially holding is the same piece of hardware that will be on AT&T in the very near future. Physically it will be exactly the same. What does that mean??? Accessories!!! Cases!!!! I honestly can't see AT&T selling their very first Android tablet without a slew of goodies available. And once that happens it should be a snowball effect. Other manufacturers will jump on board. The A500 is a great tablet. Might even be the best 10.1 Android tablet on the market right now. Once AT&T launches theirs it will only get better for us.

Acer Iconia A500 - Rooted

Droid X - Rooted - Apex 1.4.1

Asus Transformer - Stock

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Staples has a case for 39.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Accessories is the key to lasting success. Apple figured that out 10 years ago. Retailers count on returning customers looking something else they can buy for that tablet they fell in love with the day before. NOT having at least a few cases to choose from will turn a customer off both the store and the device.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by misswham View Post
    Staples has a case for 39.
    There are a few accessories out.. But just a select few the staples case is really nice and I enjoy it a lot. A couple things I would do differently with it but it will do for the time being...

As for other accessories coming out hopefully soon I really hope they come out and not leave us in the dust
    Acer Iconia A500 ROOTED!

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I am taking my acer case back to staples, it covers the mic, it keeps slipping down with in the case. I will build a plixe glass stand for now untill something better comes along.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    If the case isn't covering the top edge of the glass, then it isn't covering the mic. I got the same results using the sound recorder with my case on and my case off. If you're needing a mic for Fring though, I highly recommend a gaming headset with mic. Just make sure it has a 4-contact plug on it.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links