• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Bluetooth Keyboard at Amazon

Just received this yesterday:

Handheld Mini Bluetooth HID Wireless Chicklet Keyboard with Mouse Control Combo for Media Center PC, Windows 7/Vista/XP, Apple iPad & Sony PS3

Not bad for $30, and includes batteries . Big enough to type on, small enough to easily stash away. Quick and easy pairing with the A500. Directional pad, scroll bar and mouse buttons don't seem to do anything, as I expected. Might have to pick up a second one for my Media Center PC....

2011-08-11 19.45.47 (Medium).jpg2011-08-11 19.46.04 (Medium).jpg2011-08-11 19.49.02 (Medium).jpg2011-08-11 21.26.44 (Medium).jpg

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have tried three and ended up with the Acer branded Bluetooth keyboard.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just received the Acer bt keyboard today. The shift key that gives you the function above only works intermittently, like the question mark above the m etc. Going to work with it a bit more & if it doesn't start working right I'll return it.
    Last edited by Miatapa; 12-29-2011 at 11:17 PM. Reason: autocorrect errors

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The only keybaords I have found to work decently with the tablet are the Logitech Android 3.0+ Keyboard.

The good is that its pretty big, syncs well and its protective case doubles a a stand for the tablet and has dedicated musicweb and volume keys.

The bad, $60., 4 (yes four) aaa batteries and the fact that it is about 2 inches longer then the A500 makes it awkward to carry along with you. It wont fit in the 10" laptop bag I bought for the tablet.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I returned the Acer bluetooth keyboard to Best Buy after one day. My guess (only a guess) is that some change in the OS since the keyboard was designed makes it not recognize the alternate (shift) functions on the keys. Shift does capitalize letters but that's about it. It works no better than my USB keyboard from my Dell (same problem with it). Acer should pull it off the market.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    What keyboard would you recommend for the Acer A100?

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I have just purchased the Perixx PERIBOARD-804i, http://www.amazon.com/Perixx-PERIBOA...d_rhf_ee_p_t_3 I got it from Amazon for about $35 and it works great.

The keyboard has scissor keys for good action and most of the function keys work with my A501; Home, search, play etc., modifier keys. It is about a quarter inch thick and Bluetooth connects with a button press (after pairing, of course). It looks nice too. It charges via USB and the charge seems to last a long time.

Sent from my A501 using Tapatalk 2

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I bought a "Bluetooth Keyboard Leather Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" P1000" for under 20 from the known internet site and it connects via bluetooth with no probs.The surround which holds the Acer needs minor modification (with scissors it's only mock leather) as some holes are in the wrong place but you save a wad on the makers keyboard which offers no protection for your tablet.
    ps don't bother with usb keyboards the socket is "slave" not "host"

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links