• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Rotating video while video chatting

Hello,

I recently purchased the A500 and tried doing a video chat for the first time through Google Talk. Everything worked fine, except two issues. The first one is the sound quality was a little low. I found that I had to talk pretty loud for the other person to hear me. I don't have a case on the tablet (yet) and the other persons volume was all the way up. They said it sounded like we were in a tunnel. It worked, but we just had to yell a little bit.

The other (and stranger) problem was that the video kept rotating on me. The video that I was saw of the person I was chatting with was fine. However, the video of myself would start off normal. Then it would slowly rotate even though the tablet was positioned on the ground and not moving at all. It was kind of like a camera trick that I never wanted.

In the small screen where you can see yourself, I could see the picture rotating and the person I was chatting with saw the same thing. Whenever I touched the screen, it would position itself like it should be. But then after a few seconds, it would slowly start to rotate.

So far, I have been unable to find anything posted that relates to this. Has anyone else ever heard of this issue? I just bought this through WalMart and can still return it, so should I consider trading it in for a different one? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I know the mic has been an issue with most acer tabs....I don't know about that one. For the screen, I know if mine is flat on the ground, it is sometimes difficult for it to figure if it should be in landscape or profile. I propped it up a little and it stayed in place for me.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

image stabilisation

it sounds like the image stabilisation is set to max. It is a slider next to the small video of you, either try sliding lower or tap down the slider.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I use these headphones to video chat ,they have a mic . The sound and mic are great. They are cheap too! SkullCandy INK'd Silver/Black Earbuds Headphone Microphone Volume Control iPhone (878615024366) | eBay I hope this helps.
    I want a cookie !

Ads