• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrhelper View Post
    The JPEG image shows you using about 2GB out of the total 5.4GB. It also shows about 1GB available, bringing the total of used+available to 3GB, so you appear to have approximately 2.4GB that is not accounted for. That space is probably being used by GPS receiver logging files under /data/gps, which a Factory data reset should clear.

Note also that the 5.4GB total that you see is the amount of user space available on an 8GB system. The OS uses about 2.6GB of the 8GB storage chip, leaving the 5.4GB of total user space that you see at the top of your storage screen.
    ugh factory reset will be a huge pain. can the GPS be disabled I don't need it. maybe I will root

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    If you do the Factory data reset once, and then disable the GPS receiver immediately after that, it will stop leaking log files, and you will not see the problem anymore as long as you leave it turned off. The Factory data reset is faster and easier than "rooting." It may not be worth the risk to root if you don't plan to use the internal GPS receiver. The receiver can be disabled under Settings > Location.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrhelper View Post
    If you do the Factory data reset once, and then disable the GPS receiver immediately after that, it will stop leaking log files, and you will not see the problem anymore as long as you leave it turned off. The Factory data reset is faster and easier than "rooting." It may not be worth the risk to root if you don't plan to use the internal GPS receiver. The receiver can be disabled under Settings > Location.
    yeah I ended up doing the reset, not too bad just took a while getting things set back up. now just have to fix the wifi issue again one I can find the app again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links