• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Error message "unable to play video"

Clicked on a link to watch a demonstration video. 10 seconds into the video it stopped and I got the error message. Now my Watch ESPN app gives the same message whereas it has played video fine in the past. I can still watch my own recordings and certain others from various web sites but not through Watch ESPN. Anyone run into this problem?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    You may want to consider the risk of using the WatchESPN app on this tablet, because it has been very closely associated with hardware failures as reported here: A500 will not boot past Acer screen. Those may be mere coincidence, but the pattern is worrisome. It seems possible that some app designs could prematurely wear out the NAND storage in your tablet, depending on how it uses that storage. Such a condition could be exacerbated if the device typically has very little free space available, which may reduce the effectiveness of wear-leveling. I do not subscribe to an ISP that supports the WatchESPN app, so I don't have a practical way of testing it for such behavior, but I suggest caution based on the posts in that thread.
    Last edited by Mrhelper; 12-08-2012 at 10:32 AM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks MrHelper. I'll definitely uninstall the WatchESPN app. Not worth loosing all functionality for a few basketball games.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links