• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By calgaryhart

Thread: HELP! Stuck at boot screen, Acer logo

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

HELP! Stuck at boot screen, Acer logo

My A50 tablet is stuck at the Acer logo when booting up.

A few days ago I was using it and it suddenly restarted and has been stuck on the logo ever since.

I tried:
    - a factory reset
    - erasing all data

My PC (Win 7) does not recognize it when plugged it and tablet turned on, but It does say that "Acer Fastboot Interface" is recognized, but I don't know how to use it.

I usually can fix things by searching for answers online, but this one has stumped me. I have read so many articles, blogs, and forums, but nothing seems o work (or it's outside of my understanding of what to do). Can anyone please help me and walk me through steps o get this going again? All data is gone, so I just want it usable again.

Thanks so much!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    If your device is stock and you have not attempted to flash a ROM, interrupted an OTA system update (you would know if you did this), and you have not otherwise modified the ROM (as root), then the problem you describe appears to be a hardware failure, and most who encounter this (and actually fix it) do so by replacing the main board.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Thanks

You hit it right on the mark.

I tried everything I could and brought it into a repair shop and the result is that the Motherboard is dead. I had it less than a year and it was refurbished from Amazon. Probably won't be getting refurbished from them anymore.

Thanks for the help and thanks to Cyber Monday.
    Mrhelper likes this.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    Thanks for the update on this. I agree with your point about refurbished devices. My experience and apparently that of many others with refurbished equipment has been hit and miss... but mostly miss. My theory on this is that most refurbished equipment consists of units that fail intermittently in a way that service centers cannot observe the problem. Such problem units are then sold to refurbishers who in turn run a few tests and resell what they can pass through the test program, and then junk the rest for parts. Problems persist though because refurbishers do not -- and possibly cannot-- implement adequately rigorous test programs to expose many intermittent problems, so defective or weak units just get passed onto the next buyer.

I decided sometime back that many types of refurbished equipment are just not worth the risk.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    refurbs actually get far more attention testing wise than units coming off the factory line. Usually when a production run is set in motion, a company will either test the first 100 units, or one every 50 units before sending the whole batch out to resellers and wholesalers. Refurb equipment gets tested out every single time, and in my own experience, usually lasts a heck of a lot longer than a production machine if theres some widespread faulty hardware.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pyr0ball View Post
    refurbs actually get far more attention testing wise than units coming off the factory line. Usually when a production run is set in motion, a company will either test the first 100 units, or one every 50 units before sending the whole batch out to resellers and wholesalers. Refurb equipment gets tested out every single time, and in my own experience, usually lasts a heck of a lot longer than a production machine if theres some widespread faulty hardware.
    Those first two sentences seem to be a sweeping generalization. Refurbishers love to make those claims, and that is understandable considering their business. There are no common standards for refurbishing though, and quality and warranty periods vary significantly. It may even be true for some enterprise IT products, some automobiles, and possibly some other high end products, but it seems very unlikely to be true in general for lower end consumer products such as tablets, small appliances, etc. That's been my experience, and apparently the experience of many others. Tablets, which we were discussing here, contain consumable parts, such as the battery and flash memory chip. Those parts wear with use, and refurb testing is unlikely to detect that. Ensuring reliability is not just about testing anyway. You can't test quality into a product, and particularly one with some obscure defect. Note that the problem being discused over 6 months ago in this thread was apparently caused by a faulty emmc chip, and excessive testing of that component could actually exacerbate the problem of premature failure, not improve reliability. For me, the risk is not worth the savings on relatively low price items like tablets.
    Last edited by Mrhelper; 06-12-2013 at 06:17 PM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links