• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mrhelper

Thread: google play music I

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

google play music I

I am trying to find the music that i pinned to my device in google play music. I have followed the path sccard/android/data/com.google.....music/cache. But when i got to the folder it is empty. I used astro file manager and es file explorer and they both say the folder is empty. Is this where i find the files? If not, where are they? If so, why cant i see them?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnizzle View Post
    I am trying to find the music that i pinned to my device in google play music. I have followed the path sccard/android/data/com.google.....music/cache. But when i got to the folder it is empty. I used astro file manager and es file explorer and they both say the folder is empty. Is this where i find the files? If not, where are they? If so, why cant i see them?
    If you delete the cache on the play music app and then reboot the tablet. The app should rescan for media and find anything you placed on the tablet. Or check for a 'find media/scan' option in the settings. Also, if you placed media on the micdosd card, just create a file on the root of the microsd card labeled music. It will be found at mnt/external_SD/music, with a file browser. Most music apps will have no problem finding media on the microsd card.

Edit: read that question completely wrong, disregard, lol
    Last edited by bilderberg; 11-20-2012 at 06:13 PM.
    ASK For Help In The Rescue Squad Forum ______
    Guide HOW TO: Perform A Factory Reset
    [ROM] A100 Stock ICS firmware
    Acer Support Website

Acer A100 -- CM10 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 @1.5ghz
    LG Nexus4 - ASOPA Kit Kat 4.4 -- LTE enabled
    i7 920 @4.2ghz - Evga X58 Classy - 8gb GSkill DDR3-1600 - HD6950 2gb @1ghz -1tb WD - Win7 Pro 64

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnizzle View Post
    If I understand correctly, you are able to see the music art and music in Play Music, but you are trying to find the associated .mp3 files under /sdcard/Android/data/music/com.google.android.music/cache/music. To do that, you must select the "Make available offline" option in Play Music settings. Pin the music you want to save offline, and select Done. The associated .mp3 files will then copy into the directory and be visible in your file manager.
    Last edited by Mrhelper; 11-19-2012 at 08:21 PM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes, MrHelper, That is correct, i am looking for the folder containing the actual mp3 that google play music downloaded to my device. I have had music on my external sd and played it, thats not what i am asking. I took all my music off the tablet before i uploaded my library to the cloud. all of the media players i have couldnt find any music on the tablet. Then, when the library finished uploading, i used the google play music app to pin the albums i wanted to the tablet. Now i have tried everything to find where the files are stored. The folder "/sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.music/" has two folders within, "cache" and "files", both are empty. I have gone out to the scdard and searched for all audio files and still nothing. I can look at the app in settings and see that there is 6gb of music associated with the app, but it doesnt have a path listed to where its saved to. I was considering uninstalling google play music and reinstalling it, but it gives me a warning when i try and mess with the apps that came on it.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes, MrHelper, That is correct, i am looking for the folder containing the actual mp3 that google play music downloaded to my device. I have had music on my external sd and played it, thats not what i am asking. I took all my music off the tablet before i uploaded my library to the cloud. all of the media players i have couldnt find any music on the tablet. Then, when the library finished uploading, i used the google play music app to pin the albums i wanted to the tablet. Now i have tried everything to find where the files are stored. The folder "/sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.music/" has two folders within, "cache" and "files", both are empty. I have gone out to the scdard and searched for all audio files and still nothing. I can look at the app in settings and see that there is 6gb of music associated with the app, but it doesnt have a path listed to where its saved to. I was considering uninstalling google play music and reinstalling it, but it gives me a warning when i try and mess with the apps that came on it.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    Did you select the "Make available offline" option in settings, and then select Done in the lower right corner?

After doing that, you should see a notification stating "Selected songs are now available offline."

It may take a while to download the content depending on what and how much you select

If it is still not working go to Settings > Apps > All (tab), select Google Play Music, Clear data, and Force stop. Then use a file manager to delete the folder named com.google.android.music from beneath /sdcard/Android/data. Run Play Music after that, set up Sync again when prompted to sync in the metadata for your music, and try what I described above for making music available offline.

These notes from Google may be useful also: http://support.google.com/googleplay...answer=1250232 and http://support.google.com/googleplay...answer=1233027.
    Last edited by Mrhelper; 11-20-2012 at 01:17 PM.
    bilderberg likes this.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks for the help, I will try to clear data and stop, and see if that helps. I have the music on my tablet for sure. I can explore google play music thru titanium back up and it shows all the songs and covers as numbers.mp3 and .jpeg. eg(48455.mp3, 73849.jpeg), the only problem is that i cant get it to display a filepath that i can track down. So they are on my tablet somewhere, i just cant get them to show up in es file explorer.

Ads