• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

No Wireless Access

I installed a drawing app yesterday and ever since, my A500 keeps telling me my wi-fi network is "disabled". It's a cable modem/router and still works fine with all of our other devices. I uninstalled the drawing app and restarted the tab but I still have the same problem. Any ideas?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Drawing app had nothing to do with it.

Is your Acer updated to release 3.1 yet? (Settings, About Tablet). This is when this problem shows up for most people.
    See this thread in the sister forum: After update wifi will not connect!

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Yes, I've had the 3.1 running for a few days with no problems. Maybe it's that, maybe the drawing program - more likely the 3.1 judging by the link you provided. I had already done a factory reset this morning and it seems to be working fine now. I sure hope you only have to do this once because that reset procedure is a real pain....

Thanks for the help.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have this as well after i downloaded and install 3.1 yesterday arvo. Use to be able to use the Tablet at work with 3.0. wouldn't let me through the proxy but would connect to the network. Now it doesn't connect to the wireless at all. I set up a spare AP with no Authentication on it and as long as i gave the Tablet a static address it could connect ok, but it could not get a dhcp. But the other AP with WPA it would not talk to at all. So at the moment it is a paper weight at work.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I sent an email off to Acer this afternoon regarding the no wireless issue with 3.1 and below is there reply.

Thank you for contacting Acer's online helpdesk. In regards to your enquiry unfortunately there isn't a fix available just yet.

To get functionality of the wireless, my suggestion would be to use static IP in the meantime. If that isn't an option, you can reset the unit back to the factory default.

To do that, go to your settings > privacy > factory reset.

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to your response.

Have a nice day.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I got a further responce about the wifi issue, seems there is a hot fix coming out soon.

"Response (Trung) - 13/07/2011 04.41 PM
    Good afternoon Paul,

Apologies for the delay and thank you for your patience on this matter.

I have been advised that you can pressing the little reset button at the base of the tablet with a pin. It should let you regain wifi functionality via DHCP temporarily.

I have also been told that the hot fix is expected in the next fortnight or so.

I hope this information helps.

I will endeavour to keep you posted as more information reaches me.

Thank you for your patience.

Have a nice day."

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by max8699 View Post
    I got a further responce about the wifi issue, seems there is a hot fix coming out soon.

"Response (Trung) - 13/07/2011 04.41 PM
    Good afternoon Paul,

Apologies for the delay and thank you for your patience on this matter.

I have been advised that you can pressing the little reset button at the base of the tablet with a pin. It should let you regain wifi functionality via DHCP temporarily.

I have also been told that the hot fix is expected in the next fortnight or so.

I hope this information helps.

I will endeavour to keep you posted as more information reaches me.

Thank you for your patience.

Have a nice day."
    Trung is apparently misinformed. Pushing the reset button DOES NOT fix the wireless issue. All it does is restart the tablet. I've already done the factory data reset and that fixed the wireless problem for about a week, now I'm right back where I started. I didn't buy this thing to wait for a fix. It should be working correctly all the time. Acer blows.....

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    FYI

Just finished a chat session with Acer. The tech told me the secret is to push the reset button next to the USB port and reset the device THREE TIMES in succession. That worked for me. This is a LOT better than doing the Factory Data Reset. He had no information about any permanent fix coming out....

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well they sent out the update last night and i can now use the tablet at home and at work

Ads