• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mrhelper

Thread: Camera all scrambled up

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Camera all scrambled up

Exactly like what this guy is experiencing: Acer Iconia TAB A500 - Camera Issue/problem after official Ice Cream Sandwich Update - YouTube

Do I have to mail it in for repair? Any fixes anyone knows of? Only the camera on the back, the front one is fine.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    You can try the hardware reset using the pinhole button near the USB port (lower right corner), and then try the Factory data reset under Settings > Backup & reset.

Backup any files that you wish to keep to external storage prior to performing the Factory data reset, because it will clear all user data from the device.

If neither of those resets work, then the next option is apparently hardware repair.
    RobKort likes this.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    What does the hardware reset button do? Probably not worth spending much time on it because the camera is used so rarely by me, but it was annoying the day I took it out to use it.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Try Thors Jellybean, Forum TegraOwners • View topic - [Dev]A500/A501 JB device building Part. 1, camera works great. The best ROM yet for the Iconia, super smooth.
    Last edited by joeydownsouth; 09-01-2012 at 09:31 PM.
    Devices:
    Iconia A200-stock for now
    Samsung Galaxy S3 ROM:Chemistry KERNAL:Agat RECOVERY:TWRP
    HTC EVO LTE 4g S-OFF(DirtyRacun) ROM:RLS1-Operation Jellybean KERNAL:Elementalx-EVO-4.2 RECOVERY:TWRP
    Viewsonic G-Tab ROM: G-HarmonyICS v6 RECOVERY:modified CWM

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RugerRedhawk View Post
    What does the hardware reset button do? Probably not worth spending much time on it because the camera is used so rarely by me, but it was annoying the day I took it out to use it.
    It boots the tab similar to powering it down and then back up, and in most cases, that's all it accomplishes. It does this via a different mechanism though and can clear some problems that the normal power cycle does not. It is primarily intended for use when the device becomes hung and cannot be powered down using the power button.

The previous post above contains a suggestion to flash a custom ROM. That will not repair the hardware as could be inferred from the post. Just to be clear on this, I'm running the stock Android 4.0.3 ICS build from Acer, and the camera on my a500 works just fine. A custom ROM is not required for that.

Some tablet owners prefer custom ROMs though, and there are a number of options if you are interested in that.
    Last edited by Mrhelper; 09-01-2012 at 10:24 PM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links