• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

reset the tablet

Hi, my name is Marcelo and i bought a TABLET ICONIA A500 in France, at the FNAC store, last month.
    I saved my security password but i forgot the password. I contacted the Acer support and unfortunetelly they said they donīt give any assistance in my country, Brazil.
    I would like to know if you can help me out, and give me any instruction to reset my tablet. I have no idea where else i should ask for help.

tks

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Welcome to the forum!!! To completely reset your A500 go into settings, then privacy and click factory data reset. This will reset it to it's out of the box state. You will lose all data and settings though.

Acer Iconia A500 - Rooted

Droid X - Rooted - Apex 1.4.1

Asus Transformer - Stock

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Garemlin View Post
    Welcome to the forum!!! To completely reset your A500 go into settings, then privacy and click factory data reset. This will reset it to it's out of the box state. You will lose all data and settings though.

Tks, but i canīt go to the setting, because i need the password, and my tablet is locked when you turn on it. I donīt have any setting in this first screen.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    There is a small place for the reset just se a small object and press it it ll advise u if u would like to reset I hope this help...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by demmo View Post
    There is a small place for the reset just se a small object and press it it ll advise u if u would like to reset I hope this help...

That is basically a reboot if the tablet or screen freezes. Doesn't help reset the whole tablet.

mazzaum: So you are saying you set up a password to unlock the tablet but can't get past it now because you forgot the password???

Acer Iconia A500 - Rooted

Droid X - Rooted - Apex 1.4.1

Asus Transformer - Stock

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes, i forgot the password.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    The only thing I have ever seen was someone said "you need to try 5 bad pattern to get the asking recover with email" I tried it and all it did was lock me out for 30secs but I was using a pin pass that is for a pattern only, If its pin or pass then this is what Acer said
    Acer Support - Answers, E-Mail, Chat - What do I do if I set up a Pattern, PIN, or Password on my Lock screen but forgot it?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    unfortunately, they say they can not help me because the product is launched in Brazil and there is not yet supported. I'm amazed how a company this size, no support for their products. It's a shame!

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    mazzaum-

I don't know if you got your Acer unlocked or not. Here is an phone number in the USA that may be of help. It is 1-888-552-9710.

Dick

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I really need help i cant remember my password for my TABLET ICONIA A500 i called that number above but it is only for support for acer
    laptops and desktops!!! anyone please help

Ads