• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: My acer A500 tablet froze with the acer logo

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy My acer A500 tablet froze with the acer logo

I'm on the verge of crying now. http://www.acertabletforum.com/forum...lies/Frown.png

I upgraded my acer tablet 2-3 months back to ICS and it worked smoothly until recently when I was using an app. All of a sudden, that app became non-responsive. I tried to restart my tab and there it was- frozen with the acer logo.

The tablet is completely frozen showing the acer logo. I have been searching for solutions in all other blogs and forums including this one.

I have tried the reset button with a clip but no luck..!!

I also have cleared the cache and everything by holding the power and volume. I have also tired to go for fastboot by holding power and volume up but it remains frozen as well showing- "starting bootloader from USB".

I also copied the ICS update.img to SD card and mounting it. The tab tried to mount it but eventually the tab shows an android dummy with a red exclamation mark on its back. It means that there is a problem inside the system.

Can anyone help me with this..?? What should I do now? I just want it working no matter what.

I would be really grateful.

Thanks http://www.acertabletforum.com/forum...ilies/Wink.png

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    If Method 2 here does not recover the tablet, then based on what you have described so far, you may have a hardware problem: [HOW TO] Perform A Factory Reset. Follow the instructions very carefully.
    Last edited by Mrhelper; 08-27-2012 at 04:54 PM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I did that too. It erases the userdata and cache. But still...no luck..!! When it restarts its stuck at the acer logo once again.

Is there any other way of resetting the tab?

I do not mind if the tab goes to stock settings. I just want it to be fixed and working smoothly.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have also tried to do a fastboot unlock by by downloading Acer Simple Tool and runnning cmd.exe fastboot oem unlock and then fastboot reboot bootloader and then fastboot flash recovery recovery.img....!! Then it says waiting for device thatz all..!! Nothng happens.

Im a noob when it comes to flashing or installing a rom..!! I have also searched multiple forums where they say sth about ADB or CWM recovery or sth like that which seems really complicated. Im sure I have to do sth like this. I just want the correct procedure and the appropriate rom needed to carry out the procedure. Please help.

Thanks in advance for your support and patience.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    I am not familiar with Acer Simple Tool, but I understand that it is for the a200 only, and not the a500. Some of the associated tools such as fastboot may work, but any images packaged with the tool may be incompatible with the a500.

What you have described may be due to failed hardware, in which case replacing recovery images and ROMs may not resolve the problem. It seems unlikely that the running OS and app(s) corrupted the recovery image or the ROM on a stock non-rooted system. It is possible that some essential hardware component failed and is blocking recovery.
    Last edited by Mrhelper; 08-27-2012 at 10:21 PM.
    deadsoul799 likes this.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I downloaded the update Acer_A500_7.014.14_041.203.01_COM_GEN1_13334447371 99_8ec8b991 from the link you gave. Then I decrypted it. I extracted the file and transferred the update.zip in to the SD card.

Then I started my tab on the recovery mode. At first, it tries to extract the update.zip from SD card and shows an android with a blue star thingy in its chest. But finally, it shows an android with a red exclamation mark at its back.

I really thought it will work ..!! What am I do wrong here...!??? My tab can read the SD card but I guess the update which I downloaded from the xda developers is not appropriate.

Which update zip file should I go for..?? Should I go for honeycomb packages?

But I updated my tab to ICS few months back? Lemme knw !!

Thnkzzz...

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have also downloaded a honeycomb package Acer_A500_0.000.00_4.010.10_COM_GEN2_1310535068614 _9b84abb1_decrypted and carried out the same procedure. But same outcome.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrhelper View Post
    I am not familiar with Acer Simple Tool, but I understand that it is for the a200 only, and not the a500. Some of the associated tools such as fastboot may work, but any images packaged with the tool may be incompatible with the a500.

What you have described may be due to failed hardware, in which case replacing recovery images and ROMs may not resolve the problem. It seems unlikely that the running OS and app(s) corrupted the recovery image or the ROM on a stock non-rooted system. It is possible that some essential hardware component failed and is blocking recovery.
    What should I do now?? Im waiting for your reply.

Thankz a million for your time and help. I really wanna do it by myself with your support.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Have you got your cpuid? I think then we can get it working again, if it is not a hardware issue.

Gesendet von meinem Iconia A501 mit Tapatalk 2
    Acer Iconia Tab A501 64GB
    FW: Tegraowners JB MR2 ROM v4 (Android 4.3.1)
    Recovery: thor touch recovery 1.8.1
    Bootloader: Skrilax_CZ's bootloader V9

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by VelosCohagen View Post
    Have you got your cpuid? I think then we can get it working again, if it is not a hardware issue.

Gesendet von meinem Iconia A501 mit Tapatalk 2
    How can I get the cpuid ??? I cant start my acer tablet. What should I do then??

Ads