• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By bilderberg

Thread: Transfer pics from internal to SD

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Transfer pics from internal to SD

I can't find how to transfer my pics from internal memory to my SD card so I can put them on my PC. Any ideas?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Welcome :-)
    If you have the USB drivers installed on your PC for the a500, you should be able to see the internal and external sd when connected. http://support.acer.com/product/defa...x?modelId=3851

Or, if you use a file browser app (ie: es file explorer) you can copy and paste the mnt/sdcard/dcim/camera folder to the mnt/external_sd. Then it will be on the microsd. You can also set the camera to save to the external automatically.
    Last edited by bilderberg; 07-29-2012 at 09:02 PM.
    ASK For Help In The Rescue Squad Forum ______
    Guide HOW TO: Perform A Factory Reset
    [ROM] A100 Stock ICS firmware
    Acer Support Website

Acer A100 -- CM10 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 @1.5ghz
    LG Nexus4 - ASOPA Kit Kat 4.4 -- LTE enabled
    i7 920 @4.2ghz - Evga X58 Classy - 8gb GSkill DDR3-1600 - HD6950 2gb @1ghz -1tb WD - Win7 Pro 64

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Have neither

I dont have either one. No program for files other than "Documants To Go" which doesn't allow that action, and I do not have the proper cord to connect the tablet to the PC. Was hoping Acer wasn't so retarded that it wouldn't allow you to do something as simple as transfering pics from internal memory to SD card. And the programing on the retarded tablet will only let me e-mail 1 pic at a time, not the entire folder. >

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    From the play store, download 'es file explorer'. Start it up and browse to mnt/sdcard/dcim, there should be a folder called android. Click on it and verify your pics are in there. Go back and click the select icon from the top (a block with 4 squares). Highlight the android folder (or what ever folder holds the pics) select copy from the top. Then browse to mnt/external_SD and paste them there. That will move the camera pics to the external SD.

If you want the camera to see the pics and all future pics to be saved to the external, set the camera to save to the external SD card, that will make the same dcim folders on the microsd. Cut and paste the pics to the correct folder.

To set the camera to save to the SD card. Open the camera, click the settings button, click the three dot button, click the arrow next to the 'storage source' box.
    Last edited by bilderberg; 07-30-2012 at 12:12 PM.
    voy108 and cassandra like this.
    ASK For Help In The Rescue Squad Forum ______
    Guide HOW TO: Perform A Factory Reset
    [ROM] A100 Stock ICS firmware
    Acer Support Website

Acer A100 -- CM10 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 @1.5ghz
    LG Nexus4 - ASOPA Kit Kat 4.4 -- LTE enabled
    i7 920 @4.2ghz - Evga X58 Classy - 8gb GSkill DDR3-1600 - HD6950 2gb @1ghz -1tb WD - Win7 Pro 64

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you. I been searching for a answer on how to save my pictures to my SD card.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello, I read this thread just to be sure that what I did (used ES file explorer to copy the folder pictures to external sd) was correct since - I cannot do it. It fails all the time. I first wanted to put all my movies on external sd, but that failed. Than, I tried with pics, it fails. I even downloaded File Expert to copy directly to my PC, but, it is soooo slow, to die waiting , so, I abandoned the operation.
    My question is: why it fails?
    Is it something to do with the very frequent sloweness and app stopping that I experience for months now. Not know what to do about it.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    For your problem ,in my opinion, you are able to use Android Data Recovery. It is one of the most efficient transfer tools that you can transfer data from Android device to computer. It's amazing that you can also copy your Android files so as to back up your Android data in case they were deleted accidentally and need to retrieve back.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Here provides you an useful solution I used—Samsung Backup is a multifunction android data backup program for backup Samsung device,including contacts, text messages, videos, music, photos,call logs,apps.It supports you to backup Android devices including Samsung,HTC,LG,Lenovo,Motorola,Huawei,Xiaomi,ZTE,e tc.
    Last edited by Mobbay; 05-30-2017 at 08:26 PM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links