• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Stuck at Acer splash screen.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation Stuck at Acer splash screen.

Hi. I just got my a500 two weeks before the ICS update and it worked just fine. After the update to ICS it worked fine also, but the other day something happened. I put a microSD card from my friends phone into the tablet to copy some videos he shot with his phone. As i was browsing the videos the tablet froze then shut off. Im not sure if it rebooted itself or if I pushed the power button to turn it on but when it did turn back on it wouldnt go past the Acer splash screen. I tried the hard reset using the power and volume button but when I do it acts like its going into the recovery mode but then a picture of the android with an orange triangle with an exclamation point inside pops up and nothing happens from there. I have not rooted or hacked this tablet yet as it is so new and I wanted to get some use out of it before risking all that. I dont know how to fix this and cant find any info on the web for this exact sittuation. If anyone could help Id really apreciate it because I bought the tablet off ebay so Im not sure if it has a warranty or how long the warranty is good for, and I really dont want to have to go through the trouble of returning it.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Seems stuff on that sd card wasn't compatible. Did you remove the micro card? If so did you still have a problem?
    You should have an app labeled Acer Registration. Try to register your tab and you will find out if the previous owner registered. First find your serial number and write it down so you can input it when asked. Go to settings/about tablet/device information/scroll down to <code sn> write that down/then below that is <snid> write that down.
    If your tab is already registered call Acer at 1.408.533.7700. Call during the day to get a real Acer person in the USA. You can get your warrenty info. Most likely it is still kosher.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    It seems possible that this is a hardware state issue, and hopefully not a permanent one. Have you tried the hardware reset button (the pinhole, lower right)? That method seems to resolve some hardware related issues that power off/on boots and factory data resets do not.
    Last edited by Mrhelper; 05-23-2012 at 01:04 PM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I did remove the card and the problem persists. I can't access any apps on the tablet because it wont boot so I cant get to the acer registration app or the settings.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I did try the hardware reset button and all it does is restart the tablet with the same problem.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Call Acer and arrange for repair. They are pretty good to work with. Let us know.
    Mrhelper likes this.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    I just re-read your post and realized you had bought the tab via ebay.

Just want to add something to what RobKort posted below. When you do the factory reset as shown in the video, make sure that you see the message in very fine print in the upper left corner of the screen "Erasing userdata." It only shows for a few seconds, and is followed by an even shorter "Erasing cache" message. If you do not see these, you need to try again until you do.

Here is a written version of the same procedure: http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/ta...500faq51.shtml

If that does not work, Acer is probably your best shot if you can get warranty service. If that is not an option, you may be able to recover from the apparent corruption via recovery mode using an SD card containing the stock ICS a500 image. There are instructions on how to do that available in a number of places, and images are available also.

The failure may be telling you though that you have a defective component that will just keep causing problems anyway. What you describe should not have happened with normal use. Makes me wonder if the eBay seller already knew about the problem.
    Last edited by Mrhelper; 05-23-2012 at 10:01 PM. Reason: corrections

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    Are you sure you tried this......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k9HY...e_gdata_player

-end of line-

Welcome To AcerTabletForum

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    do you have a valid link for a good stock ICS a500 image?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

help need acer phone number

Does anyone know the acer phone number because the only phone numbers I'm calling they are telling me they only support widows not android I hate this shot that I'm stuck with a tablet that is useless I was a big fan of acer till now if can't get this resolve

Ads