• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Power Up Issue

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Power Up Issue

It may be coincidental, but ever since I installed the latest update (1-2wks ago) the power up on my Acer Iconia A500 operates differently. Prior to the update, if I left it idle for more then set time it would go to sleep and I would just be able to tap the power button and it would come back on. Now if I leave it idle it does a hard power down and it is very, very difficult to get it to come back on. I have to hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds at least 2-3 times before it comes back on. Any ideas? I take really, really good care of this device so this is not due to any kind of damage. I'm afraid that at some point it's just not going to come back on. Appreciate any help.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    This is called "sleep of death" and many people are reporting this after the ICS upgrade. Acer support says this problem does not exist and their tablets cannot have this type of problem. You should contact Acer chat support to report this problem so they can become aware of how widespread it is.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks...

I will do that... thank you so much for your assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by a500user View Post
    This is called "sleep of death" and many people are reporting this after the ICS upgrade. Acer support says this problem does not exist and their tablets cannot have this type of problem. You should contact Acer chat support to report this problem so they can become aware of how widespread it is.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Peg View Post
    It may be coincidental, but ever since I installed the latest update (1-2wks ago) the power up on my Acer Iconia A500 operates differently. Prior to the update, if I left it idle for more then set time it would go to sleep and I would just be able to tap the power button and it would come back on. Now if I leave it idle it does a hard power down and it is very, very difficult to get it to come back on. I have to hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds at least 2-3 times before it comes back on. Any ideas? I take really, really good care of this device so this is not due to any kind of damage. I'm afraid that at some point it's just not going to come back on. Appreciate any help.
    Peg, what you describe may be caused by a misbehaving app. It may be something that is consuming excess CPU, or affecting some other system resource. There are a number of apps that are not yet entirely compatible with ICS, and apps can cause a variety of system wide problems. You may want to try the factory data reset to clear all apps and data from your a500, test it first without reloading any apps, and then methodically test apps to determine the cause. I suggest you read the GENERAL APP AND SYSTEM ISSUES section and then execute the CONTROLLED FACTORY DATA RESET section described here: Possible Relief for Several A500 ICS Related Symptoms/Problems - Android Forums.

Please post your results here. Thanks.
    Last edited by Mrhelper; 05-13-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links