• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Iconia A100 3.2 not going to ICS

Im new to the community and all and i have a problem I cant seem to get around. My Iconia A100 is on version 3.2 and is GEN2. It wont update via Internet on my tablet so I tried doing it manually. I got the ICS update and renamed it update.zip and put it on my sd card. I put it into recovery mode but as soon as the Android pops up, it has a spinny thing underneath it for a second then it pops to another Android that has a triangle with the exclamation mark in it like a caution sign. Please, if you know how to fix this, please answer me. Thanks and have a good day.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    Im new to the community and all and i have a problem I cant seem to get around. My Iconia A100 is on version 3.2 and is GEN2. It wont update via Internet on my tablet so I tried doing it manually. I got the ICS update and renamed it update.zip and put it on my sd card. I put it into recovery mode but as soon as the Android pops up, it has a spinny thing underneath it for a second then it pops to another Android that has a triangle with the exclamation mark in it like a caution sign. Please, if you know how to fix this, please answer me. Thanks and have a good day.
    Someone else had a similar issue and I believe it turned out that the micro SD card didn't want to work for recovery mode. If you got another card available give that a try.
    Also make sure you got the charger plugged in.
    Should that fail, you can try the 3.2 -> 3.2.1 -> ICS update path that is described in another post in the A100 forums below. I just did it and it took maybe 10 mins to get ICS.
    Last edited by Darkbulb; 04-29-2012 at 07:46 PM.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    i once had the same issue back on 3.0 going to 3.1, 3.2, and 3.2.1, i found it was because i had slow internet (at the time) and it made the device lose track of the download progress i guess which led to the error message" could not unzip file" once i used faster internet i never had that problem. So maybe thats why?
    Woe to those poor souls that know neither victory nor defeat, those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight. -Theodore Roosevelt

Moral: Nothing ventured in life, nothing gained!

Acer Iconia A500

Twitter - #LordZilo

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    i have the same gen2 tablet and is still in 3.2 everytime i try the update tool keeps telling me is up to date, i even turn the blue tooth on as i read on another post but still nothing, i was trying to make the manual update to 3.2.1 but i can't find the update file, the link from the xda developers site is down i just want to update to 3.2.1 to fix the headphone the headphone jack issue.

any one knows of a link for the 3.2.1 update?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I also was on 3.2 until 7am on 5/3 when acer actually ota me the 3.2.1 update I am now hoping for that ice cream paint job soon will let u know.
    From the a100

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I was lucky to receive 3.2.1 recently, but next stage (GEN1 update) of update kept failing. Factory reset didn't help. My story is here just in case.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links