• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

google play not working along with other stuff

OK, so i have had my tablet offline for a few weeks now, I get it back with an internet connection finally, and now I'm having all sorts of problems, I have not updated to ICS yet as it keeps telling me that my connection is not good enough,
    My gmail won't sync or connect at all, Google won't auto sign me in, in the browser anymore,
    And Google play and the older market, keeps telling me no connection, retry, my wifi connection is at full bars, and my browser is working fine,
    Somim a little confused and getting anoyed, any help would be greatly appriciated, thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I ran into the same problem with Google Play after updating to ICS. It keeps telling me to retry. Tried a factory reset, but that does not fix anything. Hope Acer drops a fix for these problems quick! My tablet is a paperweight as it stands right now.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    So, I have been havingnall these same problems, took me a while but I figured it out, if you have a programs that sets the network proxy settings like 'pdanet' or something like that, make sure you clear the network settings to get full access over wifi

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    have you tried to force stop google play?

sent from my Gummy4.0.4 NexusS4g
    Devices:
    Iconia A200-stock for now
    Samsung Galaxy S3 ROM:Chemistry KERNAL:Agat RECOVERY:TWRP
    HTC EVO LTE 4g S-OFF(DirtyRacun) ROM:RLS1-Operation Jellybean KERNAL:Elementalx-EVO-4.2 RECOVERY:TWRP
    Viewsonic G-Tab ROM: G-HarmonyICS v6 RECOVERY:modified CWM

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rickwired View Post
    I ran into the same problem with Google Play after updating to ICS. It keeps telling me to retry. Tried a factory reset, but that does not fix anything. Hope Acer drops a fix for these problems quick! My tablet is a paperweight as it stands right now.
    Google Play requires an active gmail account with a valid password. Maybe you tried this already, but one common problem I've seen is that your Gmail account password becomes disabled due to too many incorrect password attempts. If you have not checked, go to Gmail.com and try to login, if that does not work, you will probably have to follow "forgot password" instructions from there.

Ads