• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Baught a store demo

Ok so i have read throught a lot of these topics and still can not figure out how to make my acer tablet work properly so i am looking for some help. I am new to Android except for the os that came on my cell phone. I am somewhat computer literate however. I purchased a working store demo A500 from target. I cannot access the market or add accounts for google. I was told by the store that i can not return this product so i have been looking for a way to install a new os on the unit but it is nothing like my cpu so i need help. I was told that i need to flash the rom or install a new rom. It seams that there are so many different was to do this according to this fourm, however none of them are working for me. can someone give me some clear instruction on how to fix my issue? keep in mind that i cannot access the market to download apps and it seams that most of the links that i run across for the rom manager and clockworking programs come from. Thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Do a factory reset and all will work well, been there done that.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I work in a Target electronics department and my understanding is we aren't supposed to sell those displays because they have retail demos running. You also should be able to return it if its within 45 days. Each store is independent so maybe things are different there. If its within 45 days and they won't let you, you should call guest relations. Should be able to find the number on the website.

Then again someone passworded our display and we are totally locked out so we can't sell it anyway. I tried all the tricks to reset it.

Ads