• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Different Volume button/Rocker Types?

I bought a a500 11 days ago, and shortly after that, My Mom bought one also. Both from the same site. Long story short, Mine is a gen2 and my Ma's is a Gen1, which I have been told only means which region they are meant for. Well, since there are two here I have made sure they both run the same and what not. Well today I noticed my Mom's A500 Volume Rocker clicks when u push the buttons and feels like "normal" buttons of this type usually feel, and my A500 Volume rocker is very different. It doesn't click the same as her's and it feels a lot different.. It almost seems broken or just harder to push compared to her a500...

So now I am wondering if my A500 Volume buttons are broken or defective. I am afraid I have to send it in to get it fixed, but I wanted to see if anyone knew what I was talking about before I did it. I don't want to send it in, and the volume button still works.. but it clearly feels way different and harder to push then the one my Mom purchased.. These were both brand new A500's.. So I don't want to settle for a defective product, even if it is something so little.. I paid for new so I want new perfect condition.

Anyone know about this??

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    As long as it is working why bother? Are you having any issues with it other than how it feels? If it works as intended I wouldn't bother with it.

Sent from Rob's Atrix

Welcome To AcerTabletForum

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well that's not the kind of response I was looking for. I would feel that way if it was a Refurbished Model or maybe even a from a mega low sale, but this thing was full price, so I want things to be in new condition. Who knows if it will break later on down the road. I'll probaly just send it in.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    Well is your tab, and if you don't feel like is up to par with what you expect then send it back. But I doubt you will get a hold of another new one. More than likely you will have to send it to get service.

Sent from Rob's Atrix
    Last edited by RobKort; 02-03-2012 at 08:03 AM.

Welcome To AcerTabletForum

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help

Ads