• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Exchange Services stops, how to resolve?

I keep getting an emergency alert saying that Exchange Services has stopped working and prompts me to Force Close, which I do. How do I reload the Exchange Services application?

Thanks for any help with this.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same problem - for weeks now. I read on another site how to fix it, but it mentions "rooting" the Acer, which voids the warranty. I don't care to try that. I do know that it has something to do with the E-mail apps. Acer's support is really bad! Their solution to everything is wiping the drive and starting over.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

VGB
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I had this problem and could never fix it. What I did was download a program "Touchdown" and it works without any problems. In fact has many features that works better than the Exchange Service on Acer. It does cost $19.99 but they give 30 days full trial version to see if it works for you.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Same issue. I can't believe there is no fix. Is there tech support direct from Acer available? I can not seem to find any. Thanks for any assistance. Karstark

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I have touchdown on my A500 and Nexus S. Both perform fantastic and the email features are great. Full address book. Full email search. moving mail to folders etc, Calendar, Tasks, etc. All there. MS Lync and MS One Note are great as well.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Same here with Touchdown.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've had this problem for months. Acer basically admitted that it was unfixable. I've been thinking of rooting after the tech support told me that Rooting the computer would void the software, but not the hardware. I decided to Root and discovered that all the files I needed from XDA were on MegaUpload, so I can't get to them.

Yes, touchdown works great, but it doesn't integrate into the Calendar or the Contacts, which makes it almost useless to me as I need all the information together.

I tried downloading Enhanced Email, it worked great for a few days--just like the other, then started giving me an error as well. This is obviously an issue in the operating system.

Has anyone found a way to work around this?

Michael

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I use executive assistant to do the integration. it shows all messaging; email, sms, mms, gvoice in one view. also work and personal tasks in one view, includes gcalendar and exchange calendars, combined Alerts too.

you may wish to Check it out.

makes it very easy to see all activities in one place with reminders and alarms.

Cary

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I had the same problem, the only thing I did to resolve is unchecking the sync calender and cync contacts in the mailapp. I didnt have the error anymore. If this doesnt resolve it, then just clear the mailapp in setting and dont use it anymore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links