• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

how to transfer files from USB to acer iconia a 500 tab

I just bought an acer iconia last week . I wanted to transfer / (copy , paste) files/ songs et. from my Pen drive to the tab, but i could not do it. I could only see few files ( not all ) and there was no option of pasting them to the tab. After searching a lot of website i got to know that i need to download a file manager HD to resolve this issue. So i dried to download file mager hd from the android market but it says that it is already installed . Now the question is , that i cannot see this file manager hd in the list oif applications installed in the tab and even if it is installed then why i could transfer the files from my pen drive the tab. How can i copy them from the pen drive and paste them to the tab
    Pls let me know what & how to resolve this problem

Secondly, how can i download free quick office for this tab. any site or so.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    If you had downloaded File Manager and it doesn't show up you might try doing a re-boot. I have seen this happen on my Droid phone several times. Also, I like Astro better for file managing. With the flash drive inserted you should find it in Astro and select "move" then each file you want to transfer over. I use this function all the time and it is the main reason I bought the Iconia. As far as I have seen, no other unit on the market can do a flash drive direct plug-n-go.
    If not for the darkness, then how would we recognize the light. -Lieutenant Tuvok

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

from where can i get free quick office for acer iconia

Quote Originally Posted by jgumphress View Post
    If you had downloaded File Manager and it doesn't show up you might try doing a re-boot. I have seen this happen on my Droid phone several times. Also, I like Astro better for file managing. With the flash drive inserted you should find it in Astro and select "move" then each file you want to transfer over. I use this function all the time and it is the main reason I bought the Iconia. As far as I have seen, no other unit on the market can do a flash drive direct plug-n-go.

thanks for your response. I downloaded the astro , and it's working fine.Thanks a lot
    could you let me know as from where i can download free quick office for acer iconia . Although there was a site from where it was free , but it has a limitation that it is for people in united states only, whereas i am in india .

Ads