• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Post Sound not working on Acer A500

Hello,

I have an Acer A500 running Android 3.2. Lately I noticed that the sound for my notifications is working but the sounds for my applications, ie media player, netflix, etc does not work. I've never had any problems with the sound not working before. I have checked all the settings that I am aware of and on each of them the volume is up all the way. Also, the volume control on the side of the tablet is up all the way.

Please help me figure out why it is not working,
    Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I too am having the same issue. I think I did something several months ago to turn the sounds off, but can't remember what I did. Did you ever get your problem resolved?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    I've seen cases where tablet owners install certain sound control apps and widgets that provide finer control than the standard Android tools, and when the apps are removed, the settings persist. Reinstalling the given app and controlling the sound from that may restore the given functionality. If you have never installed any of such apps, some other app may have been responsible, and use of an appropriate audio controller app may resolve the problem anyway.

Some have had success with this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...iowidget&hl=en.

Ads