• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Iconia A500 not working on battery but charger only!!

This problem just hits me. I put my A500 to sleep, and found it "death" at a later time. Thinking that the battery may be too low, I plugged in the charger to do a normal charge. Upon completion, I was not able to power up as usual. However, I am able to work with it just as normal when using the charger. The A500 shows clearly that the battery has been fully charged to 100%. I tried to use the paperclip reset a couple of times. But I am still not able to power up with battery alone.

This appears to be something new as I did a quick search through this forum.

Any one has any suggestion to bring this tablet back to live without having to use the charger?

Failing any solution here, I will have to send it back to Acer service centre for help! :-(
    Last edited by elyap33; 10-30-2011 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Typo error

2. # ADS
    Ads

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It sounds like that device needs to go back to the manufacturer for repair. Never heard of that particular problem. Drop Acer an E mail and see what they have to say about the problem. If it is only a few days old, then take it back to the dealer and get another one.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    While waiting at the service centre, I was able to turn on the tablet with battery just as normal. But since I took a long way to travel there, I stayed with the queue and asked the counter staff what would he suggest. He thought this could be an intermittent fault, and suggested that I left it behind for a thorough check-out. Will update this forum again. Cheers!

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Got it back in about a week. They changed the motherboard. So far so good. Hope it will last. Cheers!

Ads