• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

clockworkmod recovery update issues

good day. have downloaded the latest version from android market and successfully installed CWM on my tablet. I wished to update the CWM, problem is I can't. I placed the update.zip on the root of my sd card and the second option is still greyed out. I also tried updating through CWM recovery and it can't see my update.zip in my sdcard even if I manually search for it. what could be the problem?

edit: never mind. used another sdcard and everything's ok. updated to latest cwm recovery and flashed my tablet. a big thanks to acertabletforums!
    Last edited by bryan_mmx; 10-12-2011 at 07:07 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_mmx View Post
    good day. have downloaded the latest version from android market and successfully installed CWM on my tablet. I wished to update the CWM, problem is I can't. I placed the update.zip on the root of my sd card and the second option is still greyed out. I also tried updating through CWM recovery and it can't see my update.zip in my sdcard even if I manually search for it. what could be the problem?
    Hi there. What version of CWM do you have installed on your tablet right now? Also, splitting this into a new thread.
    Acer Iconia A500:

ROM List | KERNEL List | RECOVERY List

​Current ROM:
    TegraOwners ICS v170

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Seems like having the same problem here..

I have the CWM update from Market.

Whenever I tried to update new ROM (changing to a different one) It always giving me an error message or the ROM that I'm trying to install is bad.

The ROM I always to install has been downloaded 5 times and it seems there is no error because I can see and extracted them on my desktop, checked all files inside and looks like no problem at all.

The one i've used was v4.4.0.6 (MD5: 87be1e94c8727c2576c3951fbe15b237) and was updated from Market.

What seems to be the problem here?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by elsuirad View Post
    Seems like having the same problem here..

I have the CWM update from Market.

Whenever I tried to update new ROM (changing to a different one) It always giving me an error message or the ROM that I'm trying to install is bad.

The ROM I always to install has been downloaded 5 times and it seems there is no error because I can see and extracted them on my desktop, checked all files inside and looks like no problem at all.

The one i've used was v4.4.0.6 (MD5: 87be1e94c8727c2576c3951fbe15b237) and was updated from Market.

What seems to be the problem here?
    Use Thor's clockworkmod revision. Check the site recovery list for links.
    Acer Iconia A500:

ROM List | KERNEL List | RECOVERY List

​Current ROM:
    TegraOwners ICS v170

Ads