• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 3.2 update fails to install on non rooted a500

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DA_MAXX View Post
    Make sure you have the updated Acer Recovery app. Afterwards, run the recovery tool and load the Stock Acer rom. Re-run the update. Should work.
    BUT before you do this to get the acer recovery app from market you need to be rooted otherwise it wont work and it only has US stock rom img... and clockworkmod recovery installed for flashing roms etc etc..

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    New stock A500 just out of the box this morning. Booted fine after the recommended 4 hour charge, running 3.0.1. Took the OTA update at the popup and rebooted fine. Checked in system and saw another update was available, downloaded and let it reboot, progress indicater went almost to end and failed. Tab won't boot now, shows status items and clock in lower right and small icon in upper left corner with 2 pulleys labeled "Android System", nothing happens when touching anything or pressing buttons. I've tried the reset button, cleared cache and data, have tried downloading several "update.zip" files and putting them on the SD card then rebooting into recovery. The updates start to install then I get a yellow triangle. I'm sure that there is a solution to this but I couldn't find it!

Thanks in advance,
    Bob

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I tried to Update to 3.2 right after I got my A500, it bricked and I had to send it in for repairs!!!!

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Dont know if this will help anyone, but i figured i would share. I just got an a500, installed a few apps and then the updates. It then started acting weird. Then the touchscreen finally quit completely. I did resets and still no luck. I thought it was bricked. I couldnt get it to respond and a few resets got stuck. Then i connected a usb mouse and i was able to get through the setup and did a factory reset from the menu. That finally reset it to OEM. I got the touchscreen back and started some testing. It did it 3 more times. I quit trying to use astro file manager and now im all up to date (OEM 3.2.1) and dont seem to be having any problems.

A few more apps have messed things up and the usb mouse has saved the day. Hopefully this will help someone from thinking they have "bricked" their a500.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello. I just purchased a reconditioned A500 from Walmart.com -- it is a Gen1. Came with 3.0.1. I've tried to install the new update (4. something), and it isn't doing it. I read the following so have set the screen to 30 minutes and every 20 I touch the screen several times. After 2 hours, the slider shows the update is about half done. Is the fact it is taking so long, an indicator that my "new" tablet might be flawed? I have another couple of days in which I can return it. The supposed "10 minute process" is taking 3-4 hours. Babysitting this is a pain in the keyser.

StoneKy:
    Have your tablet plugged in.
    Be close to your router.
    Don't let your screen go off, tap it occasionally.
    Don't leave it, stay because normal download / install time is only app. 10 minutes.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    178 times
    Did you have the tab connected to the outlet while it sad downloading the update?

Sent From Rob's Neutrinized ATRIX.
    Welcome To AcerTabletForum
    Please feel free to PM me if you need any help

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    A quick update. It took 3:15 hrs. to download and install the update. But it turned out to be 3.1 -- the initial screen said system update 4.xx. Does that mean my tablet won't run the latest system? I notice this thread is titled 3.2, so I thought I'd at least get that. I'm so new, and the documentation so poor, that I really don't know what I'm doing.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
    A quick update. It took 3:15 hrs. to download and install the update. But it turned out to be 3.1 -- the initial screen said system update 4.xx. Does that mean my tablet won't run the latest system? I notice this thread is titled 3.2, so I thought I'd at least get that. I'm so new, and the documentation so poor, that I really don't know what I'm doing.
    Unsure why downloading is so slow for you..if your connection tests fine, it may simply be a slowwww server. Still, the updates have to arrive sequentially...so you'll get 3.2 soon, if you haven't already gotten the prompt.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks. I spent half of last night and a couple of hours this morning doing the updates, and I'm up to 3.2 and now two smaller ones have finished. At least with 3.2 I can set the screen to not go off, so further updates might not be quite as time consuming for me. I appreciate your help!

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    hello guys i have a problem with my acer tablet a500, upgrading to version taboonay I can not boot, I get always the verified written bot failed and the screen remains black, I did restart with power on but no vol
    Help me
    thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links