• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Exchange Service

I am getting repeated message that my tablet is having a problem with the "exchange service." Sometimes it causes a real problem, sometimes I click "send report" and things continue on. But I don't know what that means and where the problem lies. My wifi signal appears to be strong. ny help?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I had this same problem a couple of days ago.I solved it by deleting my hotmail account from the exchange "mail" program. Now I access my hotmail in my browser All the pop up messages have stopped now.
    Vera

VGB
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I continually have problems with Exchange Service. It will stop working for a time and then start again. I don't know why it starts or stops.
    I get this message. "The application Exchange Servies (process.com android. exchange) has stopped working inexpectedly. Please try again." Then it give me two options to "Force Close" or "Report" I always choose report thinking someone with Android or Acer is really checking on this and hopefully making some corrections that will fix problem. Is this just a problem with my machine?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

force close

My a500 has the same issue. I hope there is another update for this. My guess is it started when the firmware last updated. Kernal
    2.6.36.3+ is in it now.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Easy step by step procedure to remedy this problem:
    1. Verify if sync for contacts & calender is turned on if it is try to turn off
    2. If the problem persists delete the hotmail (or respecive email) accoun associated with your mail app. If you have more than 1 account you MUST delete all accounts and exit the mail app.
    3. Now when you have no mail account associated check your inbox with web interface or from computer
    4. If you plan on synchronizing 1 week worth of email check that in that 1 week period there is no email with attachments present in your inbox
    (Most people that claim that the issue appeared out of nowhere will remember reciving attachments now)
    It may be sufficient to delete email with large attachments but it's better to be on the safe side.
    5. Run the mail app and add back your email account. While you do so make sure to unmark "automatically download attachments when connected to Wifi" option!!!
    6. FIXED!!
    In future you may want to forward mail with attachments to your gmail inbox and delete it from your "mail" inbox to avoid problems

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links