• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Is your touchscreen not working properly?

Having sent my A500 back to Acer for repair due to the touchscreen not responding, and having it returned with just a factory reset doen but the same problem, I have isolated the problem and the fix.

(You can see the issue on a500 lost touchscreen)

Although not mentioned in the user guide, the touchscreen sensitivity seems to be affected by capacitance effects between the unit and whatever it's standing on. If the screen sensitivity is set to "medium" - certainly on *my* Iconia - if it is lying flat on a table or somesuch the screen will not respond to most touches. Lift it up and it works as it should.

The answer is to go Settings > Screen > Sensitivity to maximum, and it then works properly.

This may be re-inventing the wheel and it may be common knowledge, or it might just be my own unit being set on the margins, but that's my cure. Hope it helps someone.

I have told Acer Sydney, BTW.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just got my tablet today and I love it! One problem. My settings>screen>sensitivity doesn't exist. I obviously have settings, and screen but no sensitivity option. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Is your OS 3.2? I have been told that 3.1 might not have the sensitivity setting. IIRC mine came - only a few weeks ago - with 3.1 and I upgraded it over the net. Big download, so do it through your computer!

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ah thanks I bet that's the problem. I tried to update and downloaded the update but it said "update cancelled. Stopping now" thoughts?

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by brownmssgt View Post
    Ah thanks I bet that's the problem. I tried to update and downloaded the update but it said "update cancelled. Stopping now" thoughts?
    Only to keep trying! I guess that the upgrade must be an Acer distribution specific to the Iconia since if the sensitivity setting is incorporated it wouldn't be applicable to other units but I'm just guessing.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Iconia Touchscreen issues - Acer doesn fix at the service center

Please allow me to intrude here as I cannot find a forrum for my particular Acer Iconia.... I have the dual screen Iconia running Windows 7. As I use the unit, it gets hotter and finally the pointer will start jumping around the screen, selecting things I have not selcted, and often the cursor or pointer will turn into a point and track the opposite direction from where I move it. The pointer will also just disappear and, after a few minutes it may reappear.

I have talked to support several times and they had me reinstall drivers and the full os. That did not help. I sent the unit in for repair and all they did was update the firmware and reinstall the OS. Still had the problem the day it came back. I sent it back in for repair, and the repair ticket just says that the pointer issue has been repaired, but no informaton about what was repaired. I have again started having the problem, but not to the extent that it was happening before.

Does anyone have any ideas to help?? Thank you!

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I don't know if this helps, but altering the touch sensitivity may change the behaviour. My own Iconia went back to Acer without being fixed for a similar sort of problem and it was only by changing the sensitivity that I fixed it myself.

Ads