• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: print help

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

print help

Hello

how to print on Acer iconia a500 ? I have HP office jet 6500 e710n-z wireless.my print is setup with static IP

I need print when browsing or using office..thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    You might try HP ePrint Home & Biz in the Android market and see if it works for you.
    Usually on my Acer a500

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I use a wonderful app called Cloud Print. Just search it in the Market and it should be the first result. To set it up you need a computer, and need to download Google Chrome, then sign into cloud print on your computer. Cloud Print uses the printers tied to your Google account. The app works great with my HP OfficeJet Pro 8500.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i'll try all sugestions and let you guy know..peace

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I agree that the cloud print app does a pretty good job. Nice thing about it is that it works even if you don't have an HP ePrinter. I have used it with my older Lexmark wireless printer.

The reason I prefer the HP ePrint Home & Biz app is because the doucments, pictures etc. don't have to go out to the cloud for printing. The app finds your HP ePrinter on your home/office network and prints directly to it - just like printing from a laptop or other computer.

The one thing I haven't found yet is an app that will print a web pages right from the web browser. I'm hopeful that this will work sometime in the future since it does works using AirPrint on my mom's iPad. I've tried a couple web-to-PDF apps, that are okay but not great, for converting web pages to PDF so the PDF can be printed.

Auntie :-)
    Sent from my Acer Ionia a500
    Last edited by AuntieParticle; 09-11-2011 at 01:59 AM.
    Usually on my Acer a500

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AuntieParticle View Post
    I agree that the cloud print app does a pretty good job. Nice thing about it is that it works even if you don't have an HP ePrinter. I have used it with my older Lexmark wireless printer.

The reason I prefer the HP ePrint Home & Biz app is because the doucments, pictures etc. don't have to go out to the cloud for printing. The app finds your HP ePrinter on your home/office network and prints directly to it - just like printing from a laptop or other computer.

The one thing I haven't found yet is an app that will print a web pages right from the web browser. I'm hopeful that this will work sometime in the future since it does works using AirPrint on my mom's iPad. I've tried a couple web-to-PDF apps, that are okay but not great, for converting web pages to PDF so the PDF can be printed.

i agree.... witch apps you suggest to convert webpage to pdf ?

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I have used URLtoPDF and it's okay. As I said this solution is alright but not great.

On September 16th I grabbed the free app of the day on Amazon is PrinterShare Mobile Print. It has since gone back to being a paid app. :-( I tried it with my tablet and printer to print a web page and it worked great! I think this is the best print solution I have found for my tablet so far. Like the HP Home & Biz app it can find your wireless printers on your home/office network and printing can be done without the need to upload to the cloud.

Usually on my Acer a500

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    While I realize that these apps are probably useful to some
    I have tried them and found them to really be a hassle for me, Because my Laptop is very seldom on when I am on my a500
    And when I would get on my Laptop I would forget about signing into my google account using chrome because my browser of choice is Firefox
    So that being said I just send my documents or what have ya to one of my Email accounts
    Then when I am on my Laptop and sign into my Email account I just dwnld it and print it from there
    At least it works for me, And I just thought someone else could try the idea as well
    I know I could get a wireless printer but I can't see throwing away a perfectly good printer if I am still going to be using a Laptop with Windows.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    With the PrintShare app and a wireless printer it is not at all necessary to turn on a laptop or desktop computer in order to print. The app sees the wireless printer(s) on your home network and can print to them directly. This is one of the main reasons I find the app to be of value.
    Usually on my Acer a500

Ads