• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Cannot unlock or charge my tablet

I have no idea what we did wrong, but we are unable to unlock our tablet or even charge it. There's a notice on the splash screen: "charging 15%" but it does not charge or respond to any touch. I tried a reset. What do I do now? ff

2. # ADS
    Ads

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    by reset do you mean a paperclip (or similar) in the little hole near the usb port? if not, that is the first thing I would try. If you have already done that, then my next suggestion would be to let the battery die completely, (may take a while) and then charge it up and see. if that also fails then likely the tablet itself is toast, and you'll probably have to explore the deep depths of acer's warranty support...

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for your response. I have tried both the paperclip reset as well as the factory reset. I am now letting the battery die down. Have had the tab for exactly two months, and used it little. I have also seen this same question/problem on other sites from users, and never saw a solution. may try bringing it back to Staples. Thanks again green1
    ff

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    not sure about staples where you are, but where I am they won't exchange a tablet that old unless you bought the extended warranty. Acer however should support it for a year. good luck!

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you. ff

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I have seen a way to unbrick it on this forum. Would need to put copy of 3.1 on micro SD and boot off that card. Other option would be a repair through Acer.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    my impression of his problem was that he could not get off that screen at all, if in fact the original poster is capable of rebooting in to recovery (hold volume - while pressing power) then that opens a whole world of possibilities, one of which is the unbrick tutorial on this forum, or I found flashing a full 3.1 image to work well.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am having the EXACT same issue... it says 15% charging...will not accept any touch responses and will not hard reset....it seems to have happened after my son let it do an upgrade...not sure which one though....HELP!

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes, you are correct, I could not get off the spash screen. Upon digging deeper, I found that my husband was the last one to use the tablet. He got a message to update. The update downloaded and gave a message to install. When he gave the ok for install, everything went black, and nothing worked after that.

I took Green1's advice and called Acer. We spent about an hour on the phone (the tech was very helpful and considerate), and they eventually agreed that the tablet was dead and would need to be returned to Acer--said it was a hardware issue. It was sent out yesterday.

thanks for all your help. fran

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I believe I'm having the same problem. It occurred after an OTA update and it too is stuck at 15% charge. I hate that you were unable to find a resolution to this issue outside of sending it to support. I've been trying to flash a recovery image without any success. Upon initial boot the tab is unresponsive. If I unplug it and quickly power off and on the screen by pressing the power button it will sometimes allow touch response.

However, after this point very little can be done because the OS repeatedly resets itself, not a full reset but clearing the home screen. It also blanks out the widgets. I've tried to get USB debugging turned on but I've been unsuccessful for about 2 days now. All the recovery images I've tried to flash always end up with the yellow "!" triangle. I've added a picture of what the OS resets to every time I try to do something once getting past the lock screen

IF anyone has resolved this outside of sending it to support please reply. If I figure it out I'll reply too.

Here is a pic of the resetted OS screen. The rest of the screen is black except for the home bar at the bottom. The buttons work but after 5 sec or less the screen resets to the below.
    IMAG0796.jpg
    Last edited by nathanh77; 09-05-2011 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Added Picture

Ads