• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Can't Reinstall ICS!

My A500 with ICS was getting bogged down and slow, so I restored it back to original. Of course it went back to Honeycomb. I kept waiting for it tell me there was an ICS update. It had been so long I didn't even remember you had to install the Iconia Tab Update Enhancement from the Play Store. The problem is I don't have it on my tablet anymore since it's restored and I can't find any way to reinstall it. When I go to the Play Store on the Web it says already installed and there's no option to uninstall. When I go to apps in the options on my tablet, of course it's not there. When I go to "My Apps" in the Play Store on my tablet it's there, but seems to be the only app with no uninstall option. If I hold down on any other app there I get an "X" to uninstall it but not on this one.

How do I reinstall the Update Enhancement or be able to uninstall it so I can install it again? I miss my ICS but don't want to route this tablet or have to open a new Play account.

Any help would be appreciated!

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, did you ever get this resolved?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Can't Reinstall ICS!

Quote Originally Posted by woopud View Post
    Hi, did you ever get this resolved?
    Thanks for replying woopud. I got this resolved and feel like a moron. When I reverted back to initial configuration, it had the default Honeycomb wallpaper, and always connected to the Internet when I turned it on, unlike after I installed ICS. When the Play store wouldn't let me download the updater again I wasn't sure what to do. However after struggling with this for quite awhile, I checked in the settings and it said I already had ICS as my O/S. Duh! I felt stupid as that's something I should have checked initially. A funny thing though, since I verified that ICS was installed, it often didn't connect to Wi-Fi again and I'd have to go into settings and connect manually. Oh well, when I originally installed ICS, I believe it automatically changed to the default ICS wallpaper. Thanks again for checking!

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just got my A500 last week and it has 3.2 on it, I read about the Acer Update Enhancement Appp and installed it but after a week I still can't get 4.22 For some reason.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    What happens when you open the app and try to update?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Its not a app you can open just something that runs in the background as far as I know

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Did you apply all previous updates before downloading it, like it said? Also have you checked the version in setup/about tablet? Then have you actually gone into setup and selected Update Tablet?
    Last edited by grush; 01-22-2015 at 02:31 PM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    What do you mean by, did you apply all the previous updates before installing it? What updates and installing what? I just installed the Acer Tab Update Enhancement from Google Play and after that if I got to Settings, About Tablet, Update Tablet, I get that message: network connection is poor blah blah blah...

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    It says you have to apply any possible updates before putting the updater on your tablet. There are ways to manually update...search for it on YouTube. I believe you have to have a good Wi-Fi connection before it will update. If you're getting poor network connection message try moving closer to your router if you haven't already, or take it where there's a known good connection. It's a large file so may take awhile to download. Good luck!

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the reply grush, the problem is that it has nothing to do with the internet connection it is some kind of bug with these tablets. All I want is to have Android 4.2 or 4.4 on my tablet. I've read a lot of comment and some people did he the updates and others didn't. I just wish there was a way to manually download and install it but unless I root it and install a custo ROM image, which I'm not opposed to but I haven't found one tutorial yet that will work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links