• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: WIFI issue connecting with PEAP

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation (Resolved) WIFI issue connecting with PEAP

I cannot connect to my work wifi using PEAP. It goes loops between scanning and connecting. I have no issue with connecting to my home network (wpa/wpa2 PSK) Is this a known issue with PEAP?

Build: 4.010.13 (3.1 with one update)
    Last edited by StephenC; 08-08-2011 at 12:35 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Chat with your sysadmin and get static IP info, set a static IP, and soon forget the issue.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Chat with your sysadmin and get static IP info, set a static IP, and soon forget the issue.
    Nice thought....but got to keep it dhcp. So do you think the patch from Acer might be needed?

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Talked with Acer support (Level 2) I was told that since this is a comsumer product, PEAP or EAP in all flavors is not supported. He stated he would open another case id and forward it to the dev's. Anyway, I rooted around some other forums and it appears to have worked with 3.01. A few of them have contacted Acer support as well. We will see. Since I admin the guest side of our wifi (WPA/WPA2 PSK) I can use that for now if needed. Just have to logon to a webgui to access internet first.
    Last edited by StephenC; 07-30-2011 at 08:28 AM.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Hi Stephen. I started having the same issue after the first 3.1 update and going to 4.010.10 didn't help. 802.1x authentication simply didn't work. I also called Acer and got level 2 support to put in a ticket, so you aren't the only one.

I worked with our networking engineers and what they saw is that the authentication request was timing out at the server after my Iconia sent my user name across. We were trying PEAP and TTLS, both of which can be used on our wireless network.

Then we made a discovery... If I "forgot" the network connection and then ignored the SSID, and then used the "add Wi-Fi connection" option to manually add a connection with the same SSID, specifying 802.1x with PEAP, MSVCHAPv2, etc... it connected right away. So evidently there is a difference between; choosing an SSID and typing in the settings, vs. manually adding a Wi-Fi connection... Unfortunately, the next morning I had to do it again, and the next morning, and the next. Then it stopped working again.

We use CloudPath's XpressConnect to configure devices to our network and Cloudpath recently put a new version on the Android market. This, plus an updated config file for our network allows me to get connected. I just have to run the XpressConnect app everyday when I get to campus.

Yesterday I installed build 4.010.13 and this morning, for the first time since upgrading from Android 3.0 to 3.1, my Iconia connected to the campus network as soon as I took it out of my bag and without any intervention. Maybe it's a fluke... I will keep you posted.

Have you had any new results?

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Same....hangs at connecting. Since I can use our guest wifi, there is no need to do the manual thing. I do have a open ticket with Acer on this issue. We will see.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Still going strong...

For the last 3 days since installing 4.010.13 on my Acer Iconia A500, PEAP authentication has been working well; even after forcing the tablet to forget the profile and setting it back up.

Now if I could just have a Cisco AnyConnect client app that didn't require root, I could consider this device suitable for the workplace.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I went ahead and connected using Add Wi-Fi network. Connected with no issue. Stayed connected all day with no issues.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Just a followup....when I booted my tablet at work this morning, it connected to the company wifi....so I guess using the Add Wi-Fi network did the trick......

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Great fix, this has been driving me crazy at work. Already had an RMA # from Acer and was ready to pack it up before I found this post. Great forum, I'll be hanging around....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links