• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

MicroSD Weirdness!!!

First post here and it is a doozy!
    I have a Tab A500 that I bought refurbished and so far everything has worked perfectly.
    Today I try to play a movie off my 32 GIG Patriot uSD card and NO VIDEO FILES.
    I put the card into a reader in my PC and guess what? There are files on the card - some ebooks and .apk files.
    Not even one .avi, and this card was full.

So the only thing I can figure is that is must have somehow lost "large" files? The .avi files were in the 700MB to 1GB area.
    The card actually works, and like I said, it still has files on it.
    I know there was some kind of a bug in the A500 about media files, but I thought that would zap the entire card.

I am running the latest version of HC. I am afraid to go to ICS because of some of the problems I have read about. My tab works perfectly (other than this latest glitch).

Anyone have any thoughts on this? It seems weird. A bad card should not have ANY files.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just had the same thing happen to me last week. I had about 20gb of video files on my A500 and they all got wiped away and I have no idea what happened. I even watched a video the same day. I took the microsd card out and connected to my laptop and still did not see anything wrong other than the missing files. I reloaded the video files again to the microsd card and see if it happens again. I have no answers.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Some kind of a crazy bug. I don't think the card is bad, because those other files were there and I was able to reload without a format. The good news is that I can always plug in a USB thumb drive or hard drive, so I won't be stuck with no movies.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: MicroSD Weirdness!!!

Hi guys:

Maybe you should write down what SD cards were you using, if you are running ICS and in wich format are these SD Cards working, Im telling you this cause about 6 months ago, or so, just before the arrival of the ICS OTA update, I got the same problem, I couldnt use my 16 g SD Card. I can tell you to switch formats, use fat 32 or 16. Have great week.

Sent from my Iconia A500 using Tapatalk App

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Have you tired using another MicroSD card? So you can figure out if the problem is with the card or the tab itself.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links